PDA

View Full Version : Realy bad news

kado
18-04-2009, 02:01 PM
My OH had some realy distressing news last night. We was watching the local news and she found out that her brother had died. For reasons which is not her fault she doesnt talk to her family. She did flip a bit last night and is now in hospital but hopefuly coming home today. Of course she wants to go to the funeral but i found out earlier that it has already been held yesterday infact. I dont know if i shoud tell her straight away or leave it a few days. Its come as a real blow to her as she brought him up. I just dont no what to say.

angieh
18-04-2009, 02:10 PM
How very sad Jane. IMO it would be best to tell her straight away that the funeral has already taken place, but you know best how she would handle this info emotionally.

I am sorry - family breakups for whatever reason are never easy to deal with.

dinahsmum
18-04-2009, 02:13 PM
A sad situation, isn't it?
She has been hurt enough by being kept from the truth - it will be painful but I think you should tell as soon as you can. Sorry

alexgirl73
18-04-2009, 02:14 PM
My sincerest sympathies to your OH Jane. I can't imagine the effect of finding out like that. i would probably get the news over and done with as quickly as possible, otherwise you could become the target for her anger by witholding your info, but as angie says, you know her best. I wish you both well, as I'm sure the coming weeks will be rather difficult ((hugs))xx

calismum
18-04-2009, 07:02 PM
How awful for her. I agree that probably best to tell her now. Families sometimes do terrible things to each other, at least she has you there to give her support.

dandysmom
18-04-2009, 08:03 PM
What a dreadful way for her to find out!!! I agree it's better in the long run that you tell her now; it'll be upsetting but worse when she finds out you knew and didn't tell her. How very sad for her, and for you too...(((hugs)))

Elaine
18-04-2009, 08:50 PM
How incredibly sad, so sorry xxx

yola
18-04-2009, 09:24 PM
What a dreadful way to find out - Jane, I'm very sorry your OH's had to suffer this. I'd agree with the others - stand by her and be completely truthful with her. She'll not thank you for keeping things back at a time like this.