PDA

View Full Version : Colin opening the door!

random
14-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Finally I got it on vid! Now I can change my door handles round (or for knobs) so they can't do it any more! :-D
-evM1BKLoiw

Moli
14-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Funny, afteer you posted about Colin opening the bathroom door ans scattering plant dirt everywhere, Dutch started doing it....drove me mad!!!!

random
14-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Funny, afteer you posted about Colin opening the bathroom door ans scattering plant dirt everywhere, Dutch started doing it....drove me mad!!!!

Haha bless him!

He and Tucker both do it now and Myles said he has seen Vitaani trying too! :shock:

calismum
14-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Such a clever boy - and now you're thinking of spoiling his fun!!

Elaine
14-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Clever kitty:lol:

random
14-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Such a clever boy - and now you're thinking of spoiling his fun!!

But they get into the bathroom in the dead of night and shred all the loo roll and my son has some foam floaty letters to play with in the bath and they scatter them all about the house. They have also been known to burst open toothpaste tubes, chew toothbrushes and nail brushes, chew soap :shock:, they just seem to go mental in the bathroom at night! :shock:

So yes, am spoiling the fun! :-D :lol:

angieh
14-04-2009, 08:04 PM
awww - why not just change the bathroom door handle? They could still have fun with the other doors. I think it's amazing that your other cats are learning "how to" - I thought it was only monkeys that were clever enough to copy their fellows.

A bit worrying that they presumably sent pmails to Dutch with instructions ...... you live quite a distance apart. Sure they don't have mobile phones??????

Moli
14-04-2009, 08:07 PM
A bit worrying that they presumably sent pmails to Dutch with instructions ...... you live quite a distance apart. Sure they don't have mobile phones??????

Either that or Dutch was on Catsey when I was not looking!!!

angieh
14-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Ah yes - Catsey as a means of passing on instructions from one cat to another. Totally overlooked that possibility!!!

calismum
14-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Ah yes - Catsey as a means of passing on instructions from one cat to another. Totally overlooked that possibility!!!

So that's why they lie over the PC - and here was me thinking they wanted to be close :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mags
14-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Clever boy Colin!:lol:

angieh
14-04-2009, 08:15 PM
So that's why they lie over the PC - and here was me thinking they wanted to be close :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could there be a huge conspiracy afoot???

random
14-04-2009, 08:16 PM
awww - why not just change the bathroom door handle? They could still have fun with the other doors. I think it's amazing that your other cats are learning "how to" - I thought it was only monkeys that were clever enough to copy their fellows.

They do seem to be following suit, mind Tucker was the first to do it but is hit and miss, Colin is much better and efficient! :shock:

As for only monkeys copying, not sure for the cats as they could just be learning it themselves I suppose but I could put it right out the window with the dogs for sure. They definitely learn things from each other, i'm 100% on that! Also I have found that a puppy is so much easier to train when you have nice adults as role models, they tend to learn much faster and they definitely copy the bad as well as the good! I can't understand how animals would learn in the wild otherwise? To hunt e.t.c? Surely can't be 100% instinct and learning through fail and sucess?

I could do but if I opt for knobs they'd all have to match! :lol:

So now I need to figure out who the typist and internet wiz is? :lol:

dandysmom
14-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm sure Darcy and Leia have been on line swapping tips about how to get to the food when mum's not around .......

random
14-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm sure Darcy and Leia have been on line swapping tips about how to get to the food when mum's not around .......

And door opening could be so convenient to them! Remember my lot got into the box of pouches and spilled the gravy through all the little puncture holes they made in the foils!

Moli
14-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Oliver can now open the cupboard door, and get the catnip out, some Kitty on here is teaching my boys bad habits!!!:roll::lol:

dandysmom
14-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Leia learned early on how to open the door in the hall chest ..... do you think they are sending messages telepathically? I do think cats have some sort of ESP .....

angieh
14-04-2009, 09:37 PM
via cats whiskers perhaps!?

calismum
14-04-2009, 09:39 PM
OK - it's official - we are all mad :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

angieh
14-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Was there ever any doubt????? :-D

Moli
14-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Not in my mind!!!:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
14-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Nor mine ..........

Moli
14-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Think its part of being a Catsey member, being mad....!!!

random
15-04-2009, 12:45 PM
It must be the whiskers above their eyes! :lol: :mrgreen:

mattde
15-04-2009, 06:20 PM
:-) Go Colin, you ladies are crazy :p

alexgirl73
15-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Lol, how sweet! My Broxi can do this as well, but he can also do it with doors that open IN the way! He jumps and jumps until it just comes off the latch, and then uses his paw to pull at the bottom of the door to get out. We discovered this after we locked him in our bedroom while the workmen were in, only to see him fly past their feet heading for the front door!

Leesy
15-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Awwww what a clever kitty :lol: :lol: :lol:

random
23-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Lol, how sweet! My Broxi can do this as well, but he can also do it with doors that open IN the way! He jumps and jumps until it just comes off the latch, and then uses his paw to pull at the bottom of the door to get out. We discovered this after we locked him in our bedroom while the workmen were in, only to see him fly past their feet heading for the front door!

Oh he does this too, any way he can open! He jumps up and just hangs onto the handle with his 'arms' :lol: until it comes off the latch and then paws it open. Tucker climbs up the frame to do it his way. :shock: It's rare to see them doing it on the side you are on though as they know they are likely to get a telling off so they are taking a chance if they do, they do it no bother when you are not there, crafty little swines!