PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking!

Moli
13-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Firstly no offence to our friends over the pond....:)
The rescues here are full to bursting, with pedigree cats and dogs...
Saturday we went to a market, which was fantastic, until I saw a load of cages, full of evey kind of pedigree pup you could think of, even rare ones:(
I know Eileens market do not sell animals, but .
this one did, birds as well, from Parots to budgies....
I wonder how many people go there and buy a pup on a whim, then the poor thing ends up in rescue:( :( Very sad to see....:(

dandysmom
13-04-2009, 04:35 PM
As I said to Moli, I'm appalled that it's allowed in Texas! I have no idea if it's allowed by law there, or it's the discretion of the flea market's manager; but think it should be banned!

Moli
13-04-2009, 04:40 PM
As I said to Moli, I'm appalled that it's allowed in Texas! I have no idea if it's allowed by law there, or it's the discretion of the flea market's manager; but think it should be banned!
There are some investigations into what they call puppy mills Eileen.....:?They are calling for Obama to outlaw it altogether....

Elaine
13-04-2009, 04:47 PM
There are some investigations into what they call puppy mills Eileen.....:?They are calling for Obama to outlaw it altogether....

Lets hope he does:(

dandysmom
13-04-2009, 04:53 PM
There has been an investigation of puppy mills in Pennsylvania among the Amish where the dogs were kept in appalling conditions, really dreadful. I do hope something can be done....

Moli
13-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Problem is all the time people buy these pups, they will continue breeding them....

random
13-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh how dreadful those poor dogs and the poor mothers too. :(

janey83
17-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Last time I saw something like that it was when we were on holiday in France about 16 years ago, I was only 9 and thought it was really cute, thye had kittens and puppys. Now when I watch the home movies back I get so sad and annoyed and think hope they had a good life...