PDA

View Full Version : Food mix

onekidney
11-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I was told by a vet, The best way to feed a cat, was with, both wet and dry food at the same time. Apparently this is the best way to keep their teeth, digestion and bowels in good condition. Any comments cat lovers?

calismum
11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I've always done that. We have a bowl with dry food that they can graze at whenever they want and they get wet morning and evening. That and their water fountain.

Occasionally treats and other food types are offered.

mattde
11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah I have dry food out all the time so they can graze , wet food is feed twice a day.
:D

Elaine
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I have always done this too, a dry food only diet makes the kidneys work twice as hard as they should, hence many cats are having kidney troubles at younger ages.

dandysmom
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Leia loves dry, but after a bout of cystitis she's on four small meals of wet a day with a sprinkling of dry over it. I add a small amount of warm water to the wet to make more gravy and increase her fluid intake. She has been known to get into the dry by herself from time to time, however, naughty puss!

Magenta
15-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I feed both, Twitch has a bowl to graze at during the day of dry food, but Sid is such a glutton he'd just eat it all in one go (another reason why I have to keep them separate!), so he gets a bowl of wet in the morning and evening and dry at lunchtime. Twitch has her wet food in the morning and evening too.

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
both for mine too. Water, dry biscuits, and wet tin food. LOVES IT!x

Gumby Cat
10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Same here.