PDA

View Full Version : Breed you would like

onekidney
11-04-2009, 08:31 AM
If you could have any breed of cat/s, what would it be. Mine would be a Bengal and a Russian Blue.

calismum
11-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I find this really hard, we've had that type of discussion here before and I found myself with a dilemma - do I go for this or that.

I've had 10 cats (all moggies)over the years, only one has been 'planned'. The rest have come just as they are and I've loved them all.

I like red siamese
the maine coons that members here have look very appealling
Abyssinians and somalis have always appealed

Would I look out a breeder and buy one - I really don't know.

mattde
11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I'll have another Maine Coon , a male this time as I'm in a house with 3 females already.

dandysmom
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I've had both moggys and pedigrees. Love old apple-head Siamese, Abys and Singapuras, all were wonderful cats. If I were to get another pedigree it would probably be a Bengal.

Elaine
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I love all cats regardless of breed but dont think I'd ever buy a specific breed. I love my moggies too much:D

Kim
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I love British Shorthairs and intend ot have one one day.... Blame Dawn - it's her fault! lol

Kazz
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I love old style Siamese always have. However I agree with Kim and say "Blame Dawn" because I now have a very big soft spot for British Shorthairs. But I think I am a moggie person, although would not rule out a BSH but as I like my cats wo be inside outside I can't see me risking a BSH.

Leesy
15-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I would certainly have another Maine Coon their temperaments and personalities are just sooooo endearing and I just love how they look:D

yola
16-04-2009, 08:50 AM
OH totally took me aback the other day by saying he'd really quite like a Sphynx!! It did make us laugh because with 3 extremely hairy cats a bald one would be a rather interesting contrast!

If I were to go for a breed other than Persian (which I love), it would have to be one that's content to be almost exclusively indoor. We live on a busy road and I can't risk a cat with wanderlust!

alexgirl73
16-04-2009, 09:59 AM
If I had to choose a single breed, I would probably have to go for a Maine Coon. I would always want to have an exotic shorthair now, but would love to add to to them with a MC.

pookyandjo
16-04-2009, 02:40 PM
When i was younger i always wanted a himalayan colourpoint (chocolate).. but in recent years i've loved the look and traits of bengals.. and in fact i said to my husband a few years ago when Tinky first got sick.. if something happens to him... my next cat with be a bengal... after we lost him i was researching them and decided that they wouldn't be suitable as an indoor cat... plus... i spoke to my vet and it seems the gene pool here in Australia is a little shallow in the bengal area... so he advised to to steer clear of them..
I have to say i am VERY partial to tabbies...but i have also recently discovered Bristish short hairs.... they are just so cute... love their big broad faces.. just gorgeous!

dandysmom
16-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Jo, have you seen any of Borderdawn's BSHs? They are absolutely stunning cats!

borderdawn
16-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I love British Shorthairs and intend ot have one one day.... Blame Dawn - it's her fault! lol
Nothing to do with me. :-D
Jo, have you seen any of Borderdawn's BSHs? They are absolutely stunning cats!
Thanks Eileen, a reminder:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/IMG_9834800x600.jpg

calismum
16-04-2009, 10:31 PM
What a gorgeous photo - I am on my way with an empty cat box now!!

angieh
16-04-2009, 10:46 PM
This is such a difficult decision, but I guess I could have a little flight of fancy ......

I love the BSH - particularly partial to the silver spotted. Also love the old style apple-head Siamese (childhood love from The Incredible Journey) but have also met an extremely loveable Chocolate Burmese - don't know if he was typical of the breed, but was a complete snugglepuss with a lovely nature.

But generally, I would go for hybrid vigour and a lovely little moggie - called Kizzy :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

borderdawn
17-04-2009, 12:36 AM
What a gorgeous photo - I am on my way with an empty cat box now!!
OOOOOOOO nooooooo!! Not my Wiggy, cant have him!:-D