PDA

View Full Version : Stitches in Dylan's leg

Phoenix
10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
The few days I was away, Dylan got into a nasty sounding fight with a rat. Apparently he came in with a large piece of skin missing off his leg, the vet had to stitch it up and he's got an elizabethan collar on, not allowed outside for 2 weeks and to top that off he's shown an adverse reaction to the metacam :( The vet knows about the reaction to the metacam so Dylan's not taking it any more :(

EDIT: Here's a picture I got today of the worst of his injuries:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/rescuecatsrule/Dylan/100-0111.jpg

dandysmom
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh poor Dylan, that does look nasty! I wish he'd confine his hunting to smaller things that can't fight back! Good luck in keeping him confined.

Phoenix
10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh poor Dylan, that does look nasty! I wish he'd confine his hunting to smaller things that can't fight back! Good luck in keeping him confined.

So far he's been crying to go out, but other than that he's spent most of the day on one of our beds.

Elaine
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Ouchy!!! Not the most clever thing he has done now is it but cats will be cats.
Did the vet give you anything else instead of the metacam?

angieh
10-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Poor Dylan - hope that wound heals nice and cleanly.

Moli
10-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Poor Dylan...........

yola
10-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Poor fella. But cats will go after things that aren't good for them. Keep an eye on it - I'm paranoid since my Mum lost her cat to blood poisoning as a result of a fight :(

Did the vet give a big AB jab to kick off with to help him get over any initial possible infection?

Phoenix
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
He's had an injection of antibiotics and he's on pink pills as well.

(That sounds like he's on drugs :shock: as in illegal drugs :shock: he isn't though!)

dandysmom
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Is he hard to pill?

Phoenix
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Is he hard to pill?

Luckily not - he'll be like OK, fine and just gulp the pill down.

Liquid is the thing we have trouble getting him to take (as in metacam liquid but because of his reaction to it the vet took him off it)

pookyandjo
12-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Poor Dylan.. hope he's feeling better soon... bet he cant wait to get those nasty stitches out so he can go on some more adventures..Tinky wasn't good with metacam either... it made him vomit... we used to use temgesic instead...the initial injection and then syringe the liquid into the mouth every 8 hours as required..worked a treat!

Leesy
15-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh poor Dylan, now I know why he has a collar on now on the other thread:oops: ,hope he is alot better now but you will have to teach him not to go after things that are bigger than little mousie`s.