PDA

View Full Version : The return of the Cat Flu!

pookyandjo
07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all,
haven't been around much in the last few days... been busy looking after HRH.. as her cat flu came back with a vengence!
She was doing fine until Sunday morning.. when she refused to eat... i took her to my vet and.. and they discovered that she had developed a new batch of ulcers on her tongue....:( to that add that she was badly congested and we had a very unhappy little girl... at least she didn't have a fever this time.. so that's a plus!
A temgesic injection... some more temgesic to take home with us... and a visit to the shops to buy a humidifier.. has seen her become a little better.. at least she isn't getting a blood nose when she sneezes now!
her appetite,whilst not back to normal is getting better as she become more decongested ... and she is snoozing lots.. so hopefully she's in the last stages.. My vet said that it's been a particularly bad year this year for the flu... he's had a few that have relapsed and been quite unwell.. he said that it will take her another week to be over it properly.. so fingers crossed..

Here is a picture that i took of her today relaxing... watching TV with her daddy... :roll:

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/thirdphotoshoot012.jpg

Magenta
07-04-2009, 12:34 PM
That is such a sweet photo! Glad to hear she's picked up a little. Cat flu does seem to be rife this year, one of our local RSPCA centres has had a terrible time with it, unfortunately losing some of the cats up for re-homing :(

Mags
07-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Glad to hear she's on the mend, hope it won't be long before she's back to normal..:)

That's a great pic of her recuperating! :lol:

angieh
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
What a time this poor little girlie has had. What a worry for you all. I do love the picture of her recuperating - so very sweet! Healing vibes a-plenty from the Northern Hemisphere.

yola
07-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Poor baby - still, hopefully she's over the worst of it now.

Erm . . . there doesn't seem to be too much telly-watching in that picture ;) Looks like it was just an excuse for the pair of them to catch forty winks :lol:

Moli
07-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Bless her, hope she recovers quickly...She is such a cutie...

Leesy
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Poor little Harri she is having a right tough time of it isn`t she bless her little ginger stripes:( .
Hopefully this last little set back will be the last of it, well put it this way it better had be or else it will have to suffer the Leesy wrath will that cat flu;) .
We are sending HRH lots and lots of healing vibes and BIG cuddles to get her on the road to recovery Xxx.

Love the pic of Harri and her Daddy having forty winks that is soooooo sweet:D

dandysmom
07-04-2009, 04:21 PM
That's an adorable pic! Bless her, hope she's well on the road to recovery. "Watching" TV???? Think I hear some zzzzz's there .... must have been a dull program!

Elaine
07-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Poor baby, hope she gets well again soon xxx
Love the picture:D

calismum
07-04-2009, 08:27 PM
At least she's on the mend now. Poor baby.

Hope that is the last of it for her.

pookyandjo
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
thank you all for your well wishes.. she is a lot better today... infact this afternoon when she was snoozing up around my neck all i could hear was her breathing.... no wistle, no wheeze.. so hopefully it stays like that.. during the day today she ate the full amount of food that a kitten her weight should... which is a very good indication that she is getting back to normal.. she still has some pain relief... that will run out tomorrow night... so we will see how she goes.. i dont think that the ulcers are causing her too much of a problem though..plus she has been running around like a mad thing in between naps..she makes me tired just looking at her..

dandysmom
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Good to hear that, Jo! Kittens seem to have two settings: mad action and sleep! Give her a cuddle from the States!

Leesy
08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
That is soooooo lovely to hear that she is alot better and eating and playing like a little kitten should:D :D :D , bet you are so relieved.

angieh
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
It's good to hear that her breathing is snuffle-free now. I do so hope this bodes well for her recovery. Glad to hear she's eating better and behaving in proper kitten fashion!

PoshPuss
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
That is such a sweet piccie Jo. Glad to hear lil princess Harri is over the worst :D
And Dad looks like his babysitting duties are very satisfying too :lol: