PDA

View Full Version : Benji

Elaine
06-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Benji is a little lasa-apso that I walk. Went for him this morning, owner said he had been sick yesterday but seemed to have perked up. Anyhoo, took him out and what came out was just yellow water, called the owner and said that I thought he needed to see a vet, she made an appointment. I took him home and he vommited, again just yellow water. Took him to the vet this afternoon and he got an injection to stop the vomiting and an anti biotic, he wasnt dehydrated so the instructions were to feed light foods and make shure he had access to water at all times.
Just called the owner and the poor wee thing hasnt picked up any, he hasnt eaten or drank either. I am hoping he will have perked up by morning but said that if he hadnt that she should call the vet again incase he may have something lodged some where.
Please think of the wee dawgie tonight and wish him well by morning please.

calismum
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
poor wee guy - get well vibes heading his way

alexgirl73
06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
healing vibes being sent from me too, get well Benji xx

Mags
06-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Hoping Benji will have improved by tomorrow.....poor boy.

dandysmom
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Poor mite, vibes coming .......

Moli
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Poor little man..hope he picks up by the morning....

Elaine
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanx every one, I am worried about the poor wee guy.

random
06-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Aww bless him. Hope it's just something as simple as an upset tum and he's feeling better soon.

angieh
06-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Healing vibes for little Benji. Do so hope he picks up.

Leesy
06-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Awwwww poor little thing, sending him heaps of get well vibes, hope he feels better tomorrow.

Elaine
07-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Poor Benji is not out of the woods yet. Called his owner first thing to see how he was, she said he hadnt eaten or drank anything and was just lying by the radiator shivering.
So skipped breakfast and jumped in the van to see him, called the vet when I got there and took him straight in.
He had bloods done which didnt reveal anything much other than a little dehydration. X-rays to check for a blockage, all that has shown up is alot of gas. Andrew gave him fluids which has perked him up alittle, more anti biotics and some Hills I/D (which he wont touch). Took him home to his owner this afternoon, he does seem a little perkier but still not eating anything. I gave him, sorry re-phrase, I tried to give him his AB tablet before I left and little monkey bit me. Managed to get him to take it in a doggy sausage.
Andrew is on call this evening so if the owner is worried she can call him and if she needs me to get him back down there then she can give me a call.
Fingers crossed there is an improvement soon.

Leesy
07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I hope that there is some improvement soon, it`s surprising when you talk and speak to people just how many people have problems with their pets of this nature:shock: :shock: ,hope he does get better soon though the poor little mite.

dandysmom
07-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Poor thing, hope he perks up.

calismum
07-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Poor wee soul sounds quite poorly - hope he feels better soon.

Magenta
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Sending healing energies Benji's way :( Poor sweetie

dinahsmum
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
This doesn't sound very nice.
In words of support (I hope) I think our pets are a little like our children - either their normal happy bouncy selves or sad, ill, deflated, little beings. There's no real in-between, just the frightening difference between GREAT! and AWFUL.
Hope little Benji is soon his normal GREAT! again.

angieh
08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
How is Benji today, Elaine?

Elaine
08-04-2009, 02:49 PM
To be honest, I dont know as I called the owner this morning to find out how he was, she hadnt called the vet to ask but said that as soon as the vet called her, she would let me know. As yet i have heard nothing so am very worried for him.

Elaine
09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry I didnt explain very well in my last post, Benji was rushed into the vets on Tuesday night, was put on a drip and had more tests done to check his pancreas. That info was given to me via text message, which is why I called the owner yesterday morning to see how he was.
There is a case of too many cooks to this tale now so i have backed off from it a little.
Benji is back home now though and should now hopefully improve. It came to light that the little dog doesnt get walked again after I walk him and so is not haveing an opportunity to releive himself, hence this condition had become life threatening. I have now arranged with the owner that i will walk him morning and night and she will walk him at lunch time.

angieh
09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Good grief - poor dog! How did he hang on without peeing etc?

Glad he is going to get 3 walks a day now.

Elaine
09-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Well he'll defo get 2 anyway:roll:

Leesy
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
So glad that he is getting better and that you have been able to sort out a better routine for him with the owner, bless him I bet he had been sat with his legs crossed poor baby.
How long are they actualy out then each day Elaine?

Elaine
09-04-2009, 02:19 PM
The owner is rarely out, she has two young sons, one of whom is autistic.

Leesy
09-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh right, I thought that there was nobody in all day, have they not got a garden to let him out into then?

dandysmom
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Poor thing. Hopefully you've made his life better from now on.

Elaine
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
They have a garden but Benji wont poop in it.

dandysmom
09-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Isn't that odd? I thought dogs would poop anywhere.......

Leesy
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM

Our 2 don`t poop in the garden either really thinking about it, but then again they do get taken out 3 times aday for a good walk, not sure if they might poop in it if they didn`t go out so often,
LOL I just suddenly thought how come we always end up talking about poops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Benji has eaten a little more today than he did yesterday but all things like sausages, ham, a little beef and a little yoghurt. Have managed to get him to take all his meds but he is still very runny.
That said his deminour is more alert and responsive, he even jumped up on the sofa this evening which is something he hasnt done all week. Hoping those a all possitives and that he makes a turn around over the weekend.
The vet said that if he doesnt improve over the weekend, they will have to open him up and take a good look to see whats really going on. Fingers crossed it doesnt come to that.