PDA

View Full Version : Cat names

Kazz
04-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I just wondered if you had a store in your head of at names for cats, ie if you had a ginger tom or a tortie. Would you have a name in mind.

I have always liked the name Kipling, for a cat and I think it would have to be either an all black Tom, or a ginger tabby.:-D for the name to suit, but a all black Tom would be my minds eye cat for the name.

So do you have names in "storage" in your head.:-D

alexgirl73
04-04-2009, 09:04 PM
nope, but seeing as all mine have to have a Rangers theme now, I will have no shortage of names lol.

dandysmom
04-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I do have names I like, not for a particular color: Taz, Matilda, Suki, oh and one I just cribbed from our new member...Obsidian for a black cat! I really like that; could not have another Onyx...

angieh
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
I like Oz (wizardly theme) Iggy, Tabitha (one of Smudge's kittens was called Tabitha); and I have been playing around in my head with Elfie or Elfkin, Mitten, Muffler.

But, I think in many cases, the cat in question tells you his or her name.

dandysmom
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Muffin is another one I like ........ also Samantha.

Elaine
04-04-2009, 11:00 PM
If i had another grey, I'd call him Soloman, dont know why just would.

smudgley
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
I like Oz (wizardly theme) Iggy, Tabitha (one of Smudge's kittens was called Tabitha); and I have been playing around in my head with Elfie or Elfkin, Mitten, Muffler.

But, I think in many cases, the cat in question tells you his or her name.

We had a beautiful tabby cat called Mitten. She was killed in a RTA. :(

niki71uk
05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
names for cats need to be ones ur ok shouting if they r outside

a rescue cat i had was called CANDY but i taught her to come when i whistled,coz i WAS NOT gonna shout that out side:shock:

ive had kara,candy,apple,tina and now toby and cass

tina was my sisters cat,and now she has a rescue called trixie:shock: :lol:

calismum
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
for a ginger - cornflake!!!!!
strauss - for a grey tom

other names I like are

JJ, Phoebe, Kelpie, Mendelsohn, Mozart.

Also love Max - my Max was only with me for two weeks, so don't know if I could have a Max II

onekidney
07-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Being a big fan of Sir Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels, I would have a ginger tom called Greebo and a pure whit Persian queen called You.

Magenta
07-04-2009, 11:23 AM
My favourite cat name was Riff Raff (I am a Rocky Horror fan as you may have guessed from my nick lol), she was a stray that landed at my parents house some years ago. Unfortunately she had to be put down after an RTA, we only had her a year, but she was the most gorgeous smokey grey and white long hair.

dinahsmum
08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I've always wanted a marmalade boy cat and was convinced that he would be called Robertson or Chivers. But, when I finally got him, he turned out to be Chester :roll:

I've no other names stored up for future arrivals, though if I ever have a Siamese boy come to live with me I shall take a lot of time to get the perfect name for him.
Otherwise, and if the idea which is in my head that there will be no more cats for a decade or more comes true, and then they will be the black or b&w rescue cats which others ignore, I may stick to 'waiter/butler' names - Alfred, Charles, Arthur etc etc

random
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Not for cats as the last 4 cats I didn't really bank on having, they just came along really and I have no plans for any more in the next 2 decades so non for cats, however...

DOGS! My next 2 dogs names are set. A male Weimaraner and he will be Oakleigh and a male Rottie who will be Austin. Not for another 5 years or more at least but these names have been picked out for some time now! Just spurred me on to write this as I saw pooky had a cat with the same name of Oakleigh and I have never heard of a pet called this before I thought of it and now I have! :lol:

dinahsmum
08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Good names
Borderdawn is very good at names too! She hasn't posted here yet

Luke
10-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Think it would depend if I had my current three, as it would have to fit with this seeming old fashioned strong theme (Clementine, William & Maxwell).
Always said if I had a siamese he would be Pharos (pronounced fair-rosse), think if I had a smart black cat I'd fancy something almost biblical! And after the infamous Dick King-Smith novel character, since the age of five i've wanted a tortie and white (vivi colours, lots to the face) to name Dulcie-Maude; hopefully she wouldn't produce 104 kittens as her character namesake did though!:D