PDA

View Full Version : Kinsi terrorises my Vet!

calismum
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Kinsi has been getting out and about a lot. She is very adventurous and I admit to not coping well as she just disappears for an hour or two at a time.

Last night she came running home around 7pm and was her normal vocal, attention seeking self.

She went up to her bed on tumble drier and slept. When we went to bed she was already curled up on the bed, I assumed that once again, she had exhausted herself so wasn't that bothered.

This morning I had to 'do' the farm dogs plus Cali, check the sheep, feed our lot and get to work for 8.30 so have to be honest and say I didn't really pay much notice to her (I'm a bad bad mummy):oops: :oops: :oops:

When I got home tonight she was just that hangy way they get. When she moved she kept quite low and then sat all hunched up. I didn't think she had eaten and she was just not a happy baby. Not hello Mum, chin rubs or pawing.

So I decided to call the vet for advice. He thought best bring her in. So I brought out the cat box, Alfie took off at 100 mph! Kinsi followed his lead and went under the unit in the hall. Managed to extract her growling and spitting (Kinsi, not me) and off I went on my 15 mile journey to the vet which I had passed 40 mins earlier on my way home from work.

I warned Vet she was not in the best of moods - he was really quiet and patient with her but got growed and spat at for his trouble.

End result was she has a gurgly belly that is full of gas and air but not much else. No temperature. So - antibiotics, worming tablet, nail cut and jab to settle her tummy and my purse lighter than it was!

If not better she's to go back Monday, earlier if she doesn't drink.

She has retired to our bed and I'm getting glared at any time I go in.

However, I lay down beside her and gave her a little nose to nose rub and she bumped back, so I'm forgiven.

Elaine
03-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Poor Kinsi, hope she feels better tomorrow xxx

Mags
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Poor girl, I hope she'll feel better in the morning....

dandysmom
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Awww, poor baby! But you describe it so well...I can just see her being extracted from under the unit.... and spitting at the vet ...

calismum
03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Poor Kinsi, hope she feels better tomorrow xxx
I'm sure she'll be fine.

Poor girl, I hope she'll feel better in the morning....
I'm hoping once the AB's kick in she'll be back to normal

Awww, poor baby! But you describe it so well...I can just see her being extracted from under the unit.... and spitting at the vet ...

She was a right wee tiger.

Thanks everyone.

angieh
03-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Ah little cutie - hope she is 100% again soon.

calismum
03-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Ah little cutie - hope she is 100% again soon.

Thankyou - I'm sure she'll be in better fettle by morning.

Leesy
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh dear poor Kinsi hope that she is feeling a whole lot better soon, give her some big cuddles from me.
Did the vet know what had caused her upset tummy?

calismum
04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh dear poor Kinsi hope that she is feeling a whole lot better soon, give her some big cuddles from me.
Did the vet know what had caused her upset tummy?

No idea - assumes she's eaten something that didn't agree with her.

She is a bit better today - still not eating yey.

angieh
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Have you tried syringing some water in the side of her mouth CM? Sorry to hear she's not eating.

calismum
04-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Have you tried syringing some water in the side of her mouth CM? Sorry to hear she's not eating.

Yes, started that last night. (thanks) I would be more worried about her being dehydrated than hungry just now.

She is brighter today but still pretty poorly. I'm having chicken tonight so will cook a little bit for her and see how that goes.

angieh
04-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Chicken certainly should do it! Merlin could never resist a bit of hand fed chicken. Glad to hear she's getting some fluid in - very important as I know you know!

calismum
07-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Quick update. Took her back to vet yesterday as she was not eating. Vet said that she had lost a bit of weight. I was worried because she would come up toward the dish but back off as if she was scared of it.

Anyway he gave her some sort of injection and kept her overnight (my poor wee baby!!) Picked her up tonight and she is a good bit better, and picking a bit at her food.

SHe goes back Friday for check up, but given she is now biting Alfies legs to get him to move so she can lie in front of the fire - I reckon she's on the mend.

I'd love to know what on earth gave her such a poorly tummy.

Moli
07-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Good to heaqr she is picking up now...If only they could talk!!

calismum
07-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Good to heaqr she is picking up now...If only they could talk!!

Thank you Moli - I wonder what they would say???

angieh
07-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I do so hope Kinsi will pick up now. There seem to be several cases of tummy troubles with our Catsey friends atm. Could it be a seasonal thing?

Moli
07-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you Moli - I wonder what they would say???
To start with she could tell you were her sore tum came from, what she had been up to;)

Leesy
07-04-2009, 11:08 PM
So glad to hear that Kinsi is picking up and eating a little bit now since her last visit to the vets, poor little girl.
Hope she continues to improve quickly and is soon back to normal Xxx.

dinahsmum
08-04-2009, 08:35 AM
She couldn't have a toothache could she? Approaching the food but then backing away sounds a little odd.

Magenta
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Glad to hear she's perked up! I'm sure she'll continue to get better :)

dandysmom
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
How is she today?

Leesy
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
How is little Kinsi today has there been any more improvement, is she eating any more now.......?

angieh
08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
How is Kinsi today CM?

PoshPuss
08-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Wishing Kinsi good vibes and hoping she's better today :)

calismum
08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for all your good vibes - she has eaten a good bit more today.

The vet wondered toothache as well or something stuck on/around her mouth.

Seems to have been a really bad tummy, she is a lot perkier today and has at least appeared at meal time. I'm much happier with her now.

Leesy
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Thats really good news CM, I am really pleased to her she is alot better and eating more again:D