PDA

View Full Version : Dylan's hurt his leg

Phoenix
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Dylan came in about lunchtime from outside limping :( He seemed fine in himself then but phoned the vet anyway (surgery closed), later on though got back from the rescue and Dylan had taken a turn for the worse :( His breathing had gone very fast and he'd not moved from the spot since I went out.

Got the vet to come out to see him and the vet said it was an abscess caused by a cat fight.

The fluid has been drained out of Dylan's leg, Dylan's had an injection and he's now on tablets for a week and some fluid type stuff (I'll have to look to see what it's called)

So far Dylan's breathing is back to normal, still limping a little though and still a little sore on his leg. He's had his first tablet this evening, but he needs to be wormed in a couple of days.

If he's on metacam and some other stuff, would that affect worming tablets?

smudgley
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
poor little man. :(

Leave his worming - it won't hurt to be a few days (or a couple of weeks) later than planned.

Hope he feels better soon.

Metacam is simply magic ;)

bellwendamsle
01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
He will proble be fine

dandysmom
01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Poor Dylan! And how lucky to have a vet that does house calls! I'm sure the worming can wait, but check with your vet just to be certain. You'll be keeping him in for a few days, won't you? He doesn't need to get into another fight......

Phoenix
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Poor Dylan! And how lucky to have a vet that does house calls! I'm sure the worming can wait, but check with your vet just to be certain. You'll be keeping him in for a few days, won't you? He doesn't need to get into another fight......

We are keeping him in for now, whether we'll be able to keep him in for a week or two remains to be seen (he escaped outside from the vet)

angieh
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Poor Dylan - he's been in the wars by the sound of it. He'll be fine I'm sure. Keep a look out for any abscess reforming. Gentle cuddle and a Get well soon stroke from me.

Phoenix
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Poor Dylan - he's been in the wars by the sound of it. He'll be fine I'm sure. Keep a look out for any abscess reforming. Gentle cuddle and a Get well soon stroke from me.

The vet said if there's no sign of improvement in a week's time then to call them again.

I'll give him get well soon strokes from all Catsey-ers

Leesy
01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh no poor Dylan thats terrible news:( , so glad that your vet was able to come out and see him the poor lad, I am sure that he will be OK now that the vet has seen him and drained the abscess and he is on medication, he will soon be upto his cheeky antics.
Give him a BIG chin tickle from me please, and get well soon Dylan Xxx.

mattde
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Hope Dylans feeling better today :-)

Leesy
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Hows Dylan today is he feeling any better at all, I hope he is and give him another chin tickle fom me:D

Phoenix
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Hope Dylans feeling better today :-)

Hows Dylan today is he feeling any better at all, I hope he is and give him another chin tickle fom me:D

He's all out for the sympathy vote today :lol: When he remembers his leg hurts he starts limping slightly again but it didn't stop him bringing a live bird in this afternoon! :shock: :lol:

Saving that for another thread though.