PDA

View Full Version : Garden Shows

calismum
28-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Does anyone go to the big organised shows?

Noticed in the garden mag I get that there is one in June in the NEC - gardeners world I think it was.

There is one in Edinburgh at the end of May and I was wondering if it a worthwhile day away?

dandysmom
28-03-2009, 02:55 AM
I can only refer to here in the States, but I've gone a few times to the big garden show in Washington (Philadelphia is bigger, but don't want to have to take the train up there) and it was spectacular, wonderful, left me gaping at the display gardens, the variety of plants and the vendors. Worthwhile experience IMO. I suspect you might really enjoy it and pick up some worthwhile ideas.

yola
28-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I've been to the Chelsea Flower Show a couple of times - it's really a fantastic experience. A lovely day out and the chance to see some great floral displays and gardens.

Kazz
28-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I'v been to the one at the NEC for about 4 years now and its a great day out...I would recommend it highly. Never been to any others but considering Chelsea....maybe this year.

I would say go its a great day out.

angieh
28-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I have been to Hampton Court a couple of times. It can get very crowded on a "public" day and if you have a chance to go on a members day (if it's an RHS show) that does tend to be less crowded. The flowers are wonderful, the exhibits breathtaking and it is IMO a wonderful day out. Take a notebook!

calismum
28-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Looked up the Edinburgh one and think I'll give it a go - it is over 3 days so will go on Friday as I think it'll maybe be a bit quieter.

I'd love to go to Chelsea - it always looks great on TV.

Good tip to take a notebook - I probably wouldn't have thought about that.