PDA

View Full Version : Swamp beast has a sore back

Elaine
27-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Swamp beast the dog walker (that's me) went carreering down a steep hill after a very playfull airedale who had took off to terrorise a poor wee chihuahua. The chihuahua was screaming hysterically, I actually thought that dale had got it by the neck. I was running so fast to get hold of him that I took a tumble, arrived at the bottom of the muddy hill on my side (hence me bing a swamp beast). Dale was ofcourse just bouncing around and wanting to play. He has been really good off leed until this point.
Anyway, got Dale back on leed, the chihuahua owner was very good about it all and knew Dale meant no harm. We got chatting and I may have another new client.
But man does my back ache now!!!
I came home head to food in mud and walking like an old woman. One hot shower later, think I'd better just chill for the weekend.

Moli
27-03-2009, 06:42 PM
oops!!!thats Dale in the dog house again then??Hope you are not too sore Lainey....

Elaine
27-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I ache all over to be honest Pat, took quite a tumble, not so much a tumble as a skid down a very steep and muddy hill on my side. It took every ones attention off the dogs though:lol:

Moli
27-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Typical!!trust you to be the centre of attention!!Take it easy for a couple of days...

Elaine
27-03-2009, 06:50 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I dont like to go un-noticed Pat, you know that:-D

Moli
27-03-2009, 06:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I dont like to go un-noticed Pat, you know that:-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

farthing
27-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Sounds sore, you need a few glasses of wine to relax the muscles I think.

Mags
27-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Sounds painful Elaine :?

I don't know....... what you go through to earn a penny! :roll::lol:

Hope you'll feel better soon...;)

Phoenix
27-03-2009, 08:00 PM
A warm bath, a hot water bottle for your back and a cuddle and snuggle from Dylan is what's needed I think! ;)

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Poor Elaine, things do happen to you, don't they? Hot tub soak and something a bit stronger than wine, I think....

angieh
27-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I'd go for the rum - you'll have a struggle in the morning I'm afraid. P'raps your G will have to bring your brekkie in bed?

Erin
29-03-2009, 02:59 AM
oh what a naughty puppy!!!! Hes still my fave though :lol:

Hope your not to sore and achey mate xxx

dinahsmum
29-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Ouch, ouch, ouch
Keep up the painkillers.

smudgley
29-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh dear. :(

Hows your back today?

Elaine
29-03-2009, 11:33 AM
My back isnt too bad today thanks, my leg muscles ache still. Back to the drawing board with Dale though. Have told the owners that the best plan is for them to get him back into training and to be consistent. I know the dog just wants to play but what if it had been a feild of live stock:shock: . And at the end of the day I am a dog walker NOT a dog trainer.

Moli
29-03-2009, 01:48 PM
My back isnt too bad today thanks, my leg muscles ache still. Back to the drawing board with Dale though. Have told the owners that the best plan is for them to get him back into training and to be consistent. I know the dog just wants to play but what if it had been a feild of live stock:shock: . And at the end of the day I am a dog walker NOT a dog trainer.
They really need to be consistant with him, he is a big puppy....unless they work with you, its going to be difficult....

Elaine
29-03-2009, 02:59 PM
They really need to be consistant with him, he is a big puppy....unless they work with you, its going to be difficult....

I know, I keep telling them that.:roll:

Kazz
29-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Elaine sorry about your back, but can I ask do you let your dogs off lead....when walking or is it down to owners preference and then your descision ultimately?

Elaine
29-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I have dogs that I can let off lead and dogs that I cannt, for one reason or another. I dont let any dogs off lead without owners consent. Dales owners had been letting him off lead in a feild somewhere near a friends home, and he played happily with their dogs. They asked me to take him off lead so that he could get rid of some of that energy of his. I said that if they wanted me to do that then I'd like one or both of them to be with me and we'd see how it went. He was really good initially.

Leesy
29-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh dear Elaine just read this thread sorry to hear about your tumble and hurting your back it sounded painful, I am glad to hear that your back is not as bad today and is on the mend.....:D

Elaine
29-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Thankyou, tough as old boots me, just as well I have no pride left to lose:lol:

Moli
29-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Thankyou, tough as old boots me, just as well I have no pride left to lose:lol:
Its just as well!!!:roll: :roll: :lol:

angieh
29-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Did you get your breakfast in bed though?

random
30-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh come on, you loose your pride when you start walking dogs. :lol:

Moli
30-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh come on, you loose your pride when you start walking dogs. :lol:
That is so true Random, many times I have looked like a real wally!thanks to my dogs!!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

Kim
30-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Elaine, sorry to hear about your tumble, hope you are feeling better today. :)