PDA

View Full Version : MY poorly Baby (Maxi)

Pages : [1] 2

Leesy
27-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Feeling abit down this morning as Maxi appears to be a bit under the weather, he had one loose poop yesterday morning but was then fine eating and playing, then this morning he did another poop that was half firm but still abit loose, he then had his breakfast and went and had a sleep upstairs which usually he goes and sits on the windowsill or by the back door waiting until I can go out in the garden with them.
Then about 10mins ago he came down looking abit peeky and proceeded to fetch his breaky up on the kitchen floor:( , he has never been sick before bless him.
But he does seem abit perkier now and has been sat on the window sill.
Hope he feels better soon:(

angieh
27-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear Maxi is not well. Is he drinking water? If not, I wouldn't leave it too long before getting him seen.

mattde
27-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Leesy, I'm sure he will be ok. Give him some strokes from me. Sometimes my Marmalade is sick after eating too much food, I think she's a pig. Maybe Maxi has eaten something he shouldn't have. hope he's better very soon.

dinahsmum
27-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Hope he'll pick up soon, now he's ejected whatever was bothering him.
Why do our fur-babies get sick on a Friday so often? To vet, or not to vet?

Leesy
27-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear Maxi is not well. Is he drinking water? If not, I wouldn't leave it too long before getting him seen.

I never see either of them drinking water:? they have a fountain and a waterbowl down stairs and a water bowl upstairs but the never appear to drink any, that is why they are on wet food since Maxi`s urinary problem.
I phoned the vets after he was sick and they have said to keep an eye on him and he he does continue to be sick to fetch him in.

Leesy
27-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Leesy, I'm sure he will be ok. Give him some strokes from me. Sometimes my Marmalade is sick after eating too much food, I think she's a pig. Maybe Maxi has eaten something he shouldn't have. hope he's better very soon.

The vets have said he has pobs maybe eaten something he shouldn`t have while outside even though I watch them like a hawk, with him having a sensitive he would probs effect him more:( .

Leesy
27-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Hope he'll pick up soon, now he's ejected whatever was bothering him.
Why do our fur-babies get sick on a Friday so often? To vet, or not to vet?

Thanks DM I hope he is OK and picks up soon (STRESS):(

Moli
27-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Poor baby, could not be a furball could it??I have one bringing them up a lot lately...

Leesy
27-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Poor baby, could not be a furball could it??I have one bringing them up a lot lately...

No Its not Moli wish that it was though, he was wanting some dinner at dinner time so I gave him some and he ate about just under 3/4 of what he would normaly eat, he has not been sick but I would say his bowel motions have definately got worse he has been about 3 times since little runny pools so I am going to phone the vets again:( :(

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Poor baby. He could have eaten something quickly while he was out with you, they are so quick, and with his sensitive stomach gotten the runny poos and nausea. Hope he perks up, otherwise off to the vet!

DM's so right, they always get sick at the weekend!

Elaine
27-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Always on a weekend:roll: Poor Maxi, they do like to worry us, especially at the weekends.
Maybe some light food, little and often, something like chicken or fish would help. If at all worried though, the vet is always best.
Hope he feels better very soon xxx

Mags
27-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Poor Maxi, I hope he feels better soon.....

Leesy
27-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks everybody for your concern, after phoning the vets this afternoon they said to take him in, so off we went after he had a quick bath of his back legs and bottom as after his last lot of poop there was just to much to clean up :roll: :( ,he wasn`t impressed at all.
The vet said he thinks it was more than likley his coltitus flaring up again:( he had only been off steroids for a month, so he has started him back on the steroids 2 aday for a week then down to one and then down to 1/2 a tablet every other day and hopefully it will keep it at bay, then he said will review him again after maybe about 4mths and see if he can come of them again but if it flares up again he may have to stay on them:( .
I also mentioned that he had been sneezing a little bit not much but enough for me to notice so he checked his throat and teeth, seems he has got some inflamation to his throat and gums:( he said the steroids will also help that and he has prescribed him some antibiotics as well.

I think he is just going to be one of those cats that is going to be plagued with little niddley problems:roll: :( , my poor little baby but I wouldn`t swap him for the world:smt049 :smt049 :smt049

angieh
27-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Glad you got him to the vet before the w/end - he'll pick up quickly I'm sure. Please give him a gentle "get well soon" cuddle from me.

Leesy
27-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Glad you got him to the vet before the w/end - he'll pick up quickly I'm sure. Please give him a gentle "get well soon" cuddle from me.

Thanks Angie and I will give him a cuddle from you when he has finnished sulking with me for giving him a bath and taking him to the vets LOL:lol: :lol: , they don`t realise that we do it for their own good do they :roll: :roll:

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh poor baby. hope this medication will get things cleared up and he'll be a healthy robust puss in future.......

mattde
28-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Hope he's feeling better now.
:-)

Leesy
28-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh poor baby. hope this medication will get things cleared up and he'll be a healthy robust puss in future.......
Thanks DM I hope so too.

Hope he's feeling better now.
:-)
Thanks Matt, I think he is feeling abit better today even if it is only because he is not having to keep having his bum washed LOL:lol: , you know how proud these little furballs are, he has only done one poop this morning which wasn`t as bad as yesterday so the tabs must have started to work.:D

calismum
28-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear he appears to be on the mend. Honestly! - what would we all worry about if it weren't for our cats?

Leesy
28-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear he appears to be on the mend. Honestly! - what would we all worry about if it weren't for our cats?

Thanks CM, I am sure that I am going grey with all the worry:roll: :lol:

dinahsmum
28-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Hopefully he'll pick up after this. Trouble is, if it keeps happening it will bring his general condition down.

Has your vet offered or suggested Canikur? My daughter's cat had the most awful undiagnosable bad tum (if there's such a word - even went as far as having a gut biopsy but still no diagnosis) and was close to being pts, for everyone's best interests; he was unwell, was leaking faecal fluid, the furniture and carpets were pretty awful. Canikur was found and tried and was amazing! It has nothing very much in the way of medicine - just 'gumming agents'. It seems that being relieved of constant intestinal hurry actually gives the gut a bit of time to normalise and recover.
You can get it without prescription online, or presumably from your vet if s/he thinks it might be helpful

Leesy
28-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Hopefully he'll pick up after this. Trouble is, if it keeps happening it will bring his general condition down.

Has your vet offered or suggested Canikur? My daughter's cat had the most awful undiagnosable bad tum (if there's such a word - even went as far as having a gut biopsy but still no diagnosis) and was close to being pts, for everyone's best interests; he was unwell, was leaking faecal fluid, the furniture and carpets were pretty awful. Canikur was found and tried and was amazing! It has nothing very much in the way of medicine - just 'gumming agents'. It seems that being relieved of constant intestinal hurry actually gives the gut a bit of time to normalise and recover.
You can get it without prescription online, or presumably from your vet if s/he thinks it might be helpful

Thanks DM That sounds great and something that would be worth a try, I have to phone my vet in a weeks time if Max is tummy settles, so I will certainly ask him about it:D :D .
Thanks again.

mattde
29-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Hows he doing today?

Leesy
29-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Hows he doing today?

Hi Matt thanks for asking how my little baby is doing:D , he seems sooooo much better today he has done a poop this morning that is vitually solid again so it is nearly back to normal:D :D , I have not heard him cough or sneeze so his throat must be feeling better as well and his gums don`t look as inflammed, so all in all he is improving in leaps and bounds YEH :D .

Elaine
29-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Great news xxx

Leesy
29-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Great news xxx

Thanks Elaine I am sooooo relieved:D :D

Elaine
29-03-2009, 11:43 AM
They do like to worry us and keep us on our toes at times, dont they?;)

dandysmom
29-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Excellent news, Leesy!

Leesy
29-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Excellent news, Leesy!

Thanks DM:D :D , it`s nice to know people care;)

angieh
29-03-2009, 08:34 PM
So glad Maxi's on the mend. Keep it up lovely lad.

Leesy
29-03-2009, 10:03 PM
So glad Maxi's on the mend. Keep it up lovely lad.

Thanks Angie he is having lots of cuddles and kisses which he loves,LOL he thinks he is something special;)

dandysmom
29-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks Angie he is having lots of cuddles and kisses which he loves,LOL he thinks he is something special;)

Rightly so, he is a special boy, bless him! :D

Leesy
29-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Rightly so, he is a special boy, bless him! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: And dosen`t he know it :lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
29-03-2009, 10:38 PM
LOL, they all do!

Moli
29-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Good to hear he is on the mend...:D

Leesy
29-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Good to hear he is on the mend...:D

Thanks Moli :D , I am just taking Maxi and Maisy off to bed now, Maxi keeps looking at me as if to say "come on then it`s past bed time":roll: :lol:

mattde
30-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Good to hear he's on the mend :-)

Leesy
30-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Good to hear he's on the mend :-)

Thanks alot Matt :D :D

pookyandjo
30-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Good to hear that Maxi is on the mend... extra cuddles never hurt anyone!

jo, George and Harri xox

random
30-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Glad he is feeling better now!

Leesy
30-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Good to hear that Maxi is on the mend... extra cuddles never hurt anyone!

jo, George and Harri xox

Thanks, and yes he is certainly getting lots n lots of extra cuddles:D :D

Glad he is feeling better now!

Thanks, he is certainly feeling better is the little monster:roll: :roll: while out in the garden earlier he decided to chase bumble bees with Maisy pounced on one and got stung on his paw :roll: :roll:, so he is now milking it for more cuddles which of course he gets;)

dandysmom
30-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Awww, he has a poorly paw! More cuddles!

Leesy
30-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Awww, he has a poorly paw! More cuddles!

Yep he has would you believe it:roll: :roll: :roll: , sure he did it deliberatley just to get extra extra cuddles;) :lol: :lol:

angieh
30-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh no, not a poorly paw too! Maxi - just leave those bees alone. {{{cuddles}}}

Leesy
30-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh no, not a poorly paw too! Maxi - just leave those bees alone. {{{cuddles}}}

LOL:lol: :lol: Angie with a bit of luck both Maxi and Maisy might listen to you they are forever chasing bumble bees and getting stung Maisy has been stung twice on the paw and now it is the second time for Maxi:roll: :roll: , they never seem to learn.

calismum
30-03-2009, 07:14 PM
So pleased to hear he is better. Hugs and chin rubs - poor sore paw!!

alexgirl73
30-03-2009, 07:16 PM
good to hear he's on the mend :)

dandysmom
30-03-2009, 08:27 PM
A tad off topic....but that reminds me of a story in, I think it was Cats of Punchbowl Farm, about a family whose cat had injured her paw. She would come and look at them plaintively holding the paw up in the air and, of course, get lots of fussing and cuddles. And she continued doing that for years whenever she wanted attention, but as time went by she forgot and would hold up THE WRONG PAW!!

Leesy
30-03-2009, 09:13 PM
So pleased to hear he is better. Hugs and chin rubs - poor sore paw!!
Thanks CM he is getting plenty of them, will give him some from you too:D

good to hear he's on the mend :)
Thanks Alexgirl73, he is soooo much better now thank you.:D

Leesy
30-03-2009, 09:16 PM
A tad off topic....but that reminds me of a story in, I think it was Cats of Punchbowl Farm, about a family whose cat had injured her paw. She could come and look at them plaintively holding the paw up in the air an, of course, get lots of fussing and cuddles. And she continued doing that for years whenever she wanted attention, but as time went by she forgot and would hold up THE WRONG PAW!!

What a sweet little story, the holding the paw up reminds me of Maxi after he got stung he was sat in the middle of the lawn holing his paw up looking at me:roll: :roll: , as if to say "mummy that bumle bee has hurt me, come and give me a cuddle and a kiss better" which of course I had to.

mattde
30-03-2009, 09:57 PM
What are you meant to do if your cat get stung by a bee or a wasp? Should you take the cat to the vet? I suppose it depends where they get stung?

Leesy
30-03-2009, 10:10 PM
What are you meant to do if your cat get stung by a bee or a wasp? Should you take the cat to the vet? I suppose it depends where they get stung?

Maisy was the first to get stung by Mr Bumble bee, I checked her paw but couldn`t see any remains of a stinger, but within about 10 mins her paw had swollen double in size, so I took her to the vets and they gave her an injection to take down the swelling, I asked if she or Maxi get stung again do they really need to be fetched to the vets, he said not unless they have been stung on their face or in their mouth as any swelling there can effect their airways.

So since then I have just checked their paws for any stingers and they have just licked it themselves and have been fine and gone of playing, Maxi though is a big softie and likes to get BIG cuddles:roll: :D

dandysmom
30-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I had it happen twice, to two different cats, on the mouth. Called the vet the first time, he asked me how long ago it had happened and if there were any signs of going into anaphylactic shock; said not to worry, And they were both fine, although looked dreadful with swollen mouths and didn't eat well at dinner; both back to normal the next day. And smart enough not to do it again...if it buzzes, let it be!

I've read since that if it was a bee, try to remove the stinger (although I have no idea how to go about that!); if a wasp, just let it be.

calismum
30-03-2009, 10:22 PM
My vet has given same advice but also said I could give some piriton to ease the swelling.

Leesy
30-03-2009, 10:27 PM
After Maxi got stung today I went on the internet because I had been told that Bumble bees do not actualy leave their stingers in and it is true they don`t they can actualy sting you over and over again and not die, it is also only the queens and female drones that sting as the males do not have stingers, it was quite interesting.
But Honey bees do leave in their stingers and die.

Leesy
04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi everybody have just got back from the vets again with Maxi, I was in bits last night and this morning sobbing away but feel abit calmer now:cry: :cry: .
It all started yesterday again with him, he was fine first thing in the morning had all his breakfast then went and had a snooze for abit longer than what he usually would then when he came down at about 10.30am he was sick on the kitchen floor but then he seemed fine and his poop had been fine in the morning so thought maybe he had just had to much to eat.
At dinner he didn`t eat alot just had a nibble so thought will keep my eye on him, well any way next it was trips to the litter tray and poops getting really sloppy:roll: :roll: , then next he was sick again and it was a big furball, I phoned the vets and they said just to keep an eye on him as he would prob be alright now he had fetched that up and if not to take him in today.
Any way all last night it was terrible it was just pumping through him and he was just looking so sad and depressed it just broke my heart to see him being so unhappy and miserable:cry: :cry: :cry: , his eyes just kept looking at me as if to say PLEASE mummy make it go away.
So off we wnet to the vets this morning me in floods of tears, I must have looked like a mad woman, any way the vet said he thinks that it has all flared up again because of the furball as with him having a sensitive tummy the acid and gases that build up around the hairball would cause him problems:roll: :roll: , so he has started him of on a 2 week course of antibiotics to hopefully sort it out, so fingers crossed:cry: :cry:

dinahsmum
04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Poor Maxi and poor you
I do hope it all settles down again now

pookyandjo
04-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Hopefully this will settle him down Pauline...and it's just the furball end everything that goes with that...it's so hard not to worry...am thinking of you and Maxi... and Maisy too :)

Jo, George and Harri xox

calismum
04-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Leesy - I really feel for you about this. It sounds so distressing for both of you. I do hope that now he has got rid of the furball he perks up again soon.

Big hugs for you both.

angieh
04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Maxi, Leesy. ((((HUGS)))) to you. I do hope he perks up soon. I wonder whether he'd keep slippery elm down OK. It is safe for use in cats and can be wonderfully soothing internally.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/?action=library&act=show&item=slipperyelm

(I am a fan after Elaine recommended it to me and I used it with Merlin.)

dinahsmum
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
And I used it for Min - actually I used Dorwest Tree Barks Powder, (http://www.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TB) which may be the same thing under a different name

dandysmom
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Poor Maxi and poor you! Hope he perks up bit after getting rid of the furball. That powder sounds as if it might be helpful.

random
04-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh poor Maxi and poor you, hope he gets well soon, I have a dog with a really sensitive tummy and it's really hard at first getting it under control. Hugs to you both. x

Leesy
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi everybody, Maxi has been abit better today he has eaten more than he had been doing and has only done one poop this morning, it was still abit sloppy but was a lot firmer than it had been so I would say that it is getting better, also he has not been sick since the furball:) .
He is still abit quiter than usual but he has perked up and played abit today, is getting lots of cuddles so he is lapping it up:D
Thanks for all your lovely support yet again it is really great to hear all your supportive posts:D

dandysmom
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Good to hear he seems to be on the mend!!

calismum
05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Really pleased to hear he is almost like his usual self.

Leesy
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
And I used it for Min - actually I used Dorwest Tree Barks Powder, (http://www.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TB) which may be the same thing under a different name

Oh DM I nearly forgot I have got some of the "Dorwest Tree Barks Powder", but I had not tried it as I was abit unsure about how safe it actually was but it does sound good, how did you actually use it did you sprinkle it on the food?

Elaine
05-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I have never used the dorwest tree bark powder but always swear by the slippery elm bark, they may be the same thing. Slipper elm can be sprinkled onto food but it does have a slight bitter taste which some cats dont apreciate, others take it no problem like that. I used to make a syrup from it and syringe 2ml twice daily to Winston.
Eva on the other hand wont eat nor allow me to syringe it to her.
I hope Max is on the mend, they are such a worry.

angieh
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I made a syrup for Merlin and used to syringe that. Actually he used to take about 5ml once or twice a day, but was not eating anything else.

I bought the organic slippery elm capsules without the caking agent and opened one capsule in a cup full of water and bought it to the boil, stirring continuously. It thickens slightly to a consistency a bit like egg white and then you just let it cool. It keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge. I used to take it out and stand it in a bowl of tap hot water to warm it before giving it to Merlin. He used to take it quite well syringed into the corner of his mouth across his tongue, so he drank it himself and didn't gag on it.

I have plenty left over and would be glad to send you some for you to try out on Maxi if you would like.

Leesy
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks Elaine, I think I will give it a try and yes they are a worry aren`t they:roll:

Leesy
05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I made a syrup for Merlin and used to syringe that. Actually he used to take about 5ml once or twice a day, but was not eating anything else.

I bought the organic slippery elm capsules without the caking agent and opened one capsule in a cup full of water and bought it to the boil, stirring continuously. It thickens slightly to a consistency a bit like egg white and then you just let it cool. It keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge. I used to take it out and stand it in a bowl of tap hot water to warm it before giving it to Merlin. He used to take it quite well syringed into the corner of his mouth across his tongue, so he drank it himself and didn't gag on it.

I have plenty left over and would be glad to send you some for you to try out on Maxi if you would like.

Thanks Angie, is the Tree barks Powder the same as the slippery Elm do you know, because I have got some of that ,that I can try and if it dosen`t work or he won`t take it yes I would like to try some off your capsules if you wouldn`t mind.

dinahsmum
06-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I used to make it into a gruel with a drop of warm milk or 'gravy'. She would just lap that. The gelatinous mix from the capsules sounds good if you're dealing with a missing appetite.

Leesy
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I used to make it into a gruel with a drop of warm milk or 'gravy'. She would just lap that. The gelatinous mix from the capsules sounds good if you're dealing with a missing appetite.

Sounds good will give it a whirl:D .

angieh
06-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I've just had a look at DM's link for the Dorwest Tree Bark. They don't say it's slippery elm but the properties and what it is good for sound identical. If you already have some, I'd give it a go.

Leesy
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I've just had a look at DM's link for the Dorwest Tree Bark. They don't say it's slippery elm but the properties and what it is good for sound identical. If you already have some, I'd give it a go.

Thanks Angie I am definately going to give it a go, thanks alot :D :D

He has just done a poop and it now looks to be OK :smt041 :smt041 , I had to laugh though as because I went towards him to check it was alright he gave me that look as if to say don`t you dare check my bum it is clean and shot off:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
LOL, only we cat people rejoice when a poorly cat finally has a nice firm poo!

Seriously, pleased at the news!

Leesy
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM

LOL thats so true DM, my other half thought I had gone mad when I rang him all excited at work telling him his poop was OK:lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM

Aint that the truth :lol:

Glad he's feeling a bit better and poo's are firmer;)

Leesy
06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks Elaine:D :D

dandysmom
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
When my Siamese ate almost all of the one bird he ever caught he didn't poo for three days ...I was so worried I called home every day at lunch time to ask Dad if it had happened yet ... :roll: :-D We are all mad!

Leesy
06-04-2009, 11:14 PM
When my Siamese ate almost all of the one bird he ever caught he didn't poo for three days ...I was so worried I called home every day at lunch time to ask Dad if it had happened yet ... :roll: :-D We are all mad!

:lol: :lol: Yep I am afraid we are all mad but only in a kind and caring way, its because we LOVE them sooooooooo much:D :D

mattde
07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
LOL thats so true DM, my other half thought I had gone mad when I rang him all excited at work telling him his poop was OK:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats funny, I just picture that moment.

So Maxi is on the mend then :-) , thats good news.
:D

Leesy
07-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Thats funny, I just picture that moment.

So Maxi is on the mend then :-) , thats good news.
:D

Yes he is thanks Matt:D , I feel like I am on a rollercoaster though with him at the moment, but hopefully now there will be no more flare ups fingers crossed.

mattde
07-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah fingers and paws crossed from the M&M household.

angieh
07-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Just try and keep the cats away from those Easter treats!!!

Leesy
07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Just try and keep the cats away from those Easter treats!!!

LOL I have moved them now as Maisy nearly chewed a hole in the bag:roll: :lol: :roll:

pookyandjo
07-04-2009, 11:42 AM

I ALWAYS checkthe poo to make sure that there isn't something untoward going on... David refers to me as the "poo inspector" :roll: ..and will call me to come and make an identification of a new poo... of course now that Tinky is gone it's very easy to tell the difference between George's and Harri's..lol too funny!

Magenta
07-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear Maxi is much better! I hope he continues to improve :)

Leesy
07-04-2009, 12:31 PM
I ALWAYS checkthe poo to make sure that there isn't something untoward going on... David refers to me as the "poo inspector" :roll: ..and will call me to come and make an identification of a new poo... of course now that Tinky is gone it's very easy to tell the difference between George's and Harri's..lol too funny!

LOL, Tony calls me the "Poo Lady":lol: :lol: ,he laughs everytime one of them goes in the cat lit as when they come out I am always there cheking their poops:oops: and getting the nappy bag to stick it in, I would rather be over cautious than miss if there was anything wrong.:D

dandysmom
07-04-2009, 04:14 PM

:smt005 Love that!!

Leesy
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi just an update,
Maxi and his poops are still OK "YEAH", he has finnished one of his courses of antibiotics he finnished that last night, but still has just over a week left on his other course so fingers crossed his poops will stay OK.

mattde
09-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Good to hear he's doing well.

Elaine
09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Great news, long may his poop be firm:D

angieh
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
That sounds as if it may become a special greeting here on Catsey "Lang may their poops be firm!" We could say it on all sorts of occasions!

Great to hear Maxi continues to do well in that department.

Leesy
09-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks everybody :D :D

dandysmom
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
That sounds as if it may become a special greeting here on Catsey "Lang may their poops be firm!" We could say it on all sorts of occasions!

Great to hear Maxi continues to do well in that department.

:smt005 Love it!

Excellent news, Leesy! :D

jan
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Hya Pauline,
not been online for about ten days shocked to hear about poor maxi but so relieved to follow through and find he is improving. You sound like you have a very thorough vet and a very good one. Hope you all have a lovely Easter without any messy poops and any more scrapes with bumble bees! Hugs Jan x

Leesy
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Hya Pauline,
not been online for about ten days shocked to hear about poor maxi but so relieved to follow through and find he is improving. You sound like you have a very thorough vet and a very good one. Hope you all have a lovely Easter without any messy poops and any more scrapes with bumble bees! Hugs Jan x

Thanks Jan,
was wondering where you had got to was going to PM you if I hadn`t heard anything from you soon, hope everything is OK with you and how is Max is he still improving.
LOL I do hope I have a messy poop free Easter as well:lol: :lol:
Hope you have a great Easter, Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Xxx.

pookyandjo
10-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Great news Pauline... on two fronts... firstly that Maxi is doing well and his poo is good...
but also because it further validates that i am normal for rejoicing when my cat does a poo..(preferably firm) a good wee preferably pale as opposed to darkk... and certainly with no pink tinges!) or eats after being of his food for 5 minutes...after being on Catsey for just over a month im beginning to feel normal again! hooray for my Cat-a-holic friends!

dandysmom
10-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Hey, Jo, before I was on here I thought I was a bit neurotic scrutinizing poo shapes and urine color.... so nice to be among like-minded people! We are all mad!

How's HRH Harri doing? And not to forget George.