PDA

View Full Version : email set up help needed

smudgley
27-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Yesterday my daughter did something (I don't know what & I don't think she does) to my e-mails on the laptop & has removed the names of the sender in my inbox. So I have all the e-mails listed and dates they came in & subject title, but no idea who they are from until I open them. I can't work with them like that but can't get the senders names back. We've looked on the PC and can do it on there, but the set up is different on the laptop. Please help me. :?

mattde
27-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Yesterday my daughter did something (I don't know what & I don't think she does) to my e-mails on the laptop & has removed the names of the sender in my inbox. So I have all the e-mails listed and dates they came in & subject title, but no idea who they are from until I open them. I can't work with them like that but can't get the senders names back. We've looked on the PC and can do it on there, but the set up is different on the laptop. Please help me. :?

If its outlook express right click on the bar that displays the date subject etc and select "columns" then select "From"

mattde
27-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Or goto "View" "columns" then select "From"

smudgley
27-03-2009, 10:31 AM
It's microsoft outlook. Will try your suggestion.....

smudgley
27-03-2009, 10:34 AM
If its outlook express right click on the bar that displays the date subject etc and select "columns" then select "From"

Or goto "View" "columns" then select "From"

if I right click the bar I don't get columns. I do get format columns, so I've clicked that, but that's not it......

i've clicked view and again there's no columns on there. :(

mattde
27-03-2009, 10:40 AM
right click the headings bar and select "field chooser"
Then click and drag the "From" filed onto the heading bar.

smudgley
27-03-2009, 01:55 PM
right click the headings bar and select "field chooser"
Then click and drag the "From" filed onto the heading bar.

Done it.

Yah!

thankyou so much Matt, you are a star!

Catsey folks can help with anything. x

mattde
27-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Glad its sorted :-) you might want to think about switching to gmail instead of outlook one day. You can keep your address you have and also take advantage of all the other extras gmail offers. I stopped using outlook years ago.
Matt

smudgley
27-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Glad its sorted :-) you might want to think about switching to gmail instead of outlook one day. You can keep your address you have and also take advantage of all the other extras gmail offers. I stopped using outlook years ago.
Matt

It's my works laptop, so can't change things like that. :roll:

mattde
27-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Just though I would mention it :-)

smudgley
27-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Just though I would mention it :-)

yes, thanks may look into it on my home pc. :cool:

smudgley
30-07-2009, 02:24 PM
same problem happened today, I was tinkering about on my laptop then suddenly I saw the from box disappear & a big cross by the side of it, I quickly searched on here & found this post & was able to fix it straight away... Catsey has the answer to everything! :)

dandysmom
30-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Well done, Matt! Catsey people are the greatest!

angieh
30-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Absolutely - think I posted a similar sentiment on a different topic a short while ago!