PDA

View Full Version : First 'present' of the year

onekidney
26-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok, so it's the 26th of March and this morning, when I opened the back door at 7:30 am, there was a dead rat against it. Slapper and Munchie had decided to stay out all night. I'm pretty sure it was Munchie. Slapper isn't what you might call a natural killer. It'll be birds next. When we had a cat flap, Munchie caught a pigeon, brought it in , and proceeded to drag it up the stairs:D

dandysmom
26-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Wow, a pigeon's a pretty good sized bird! Good for Munchie! Leia's an indoor cat, but my childhood cat was a great mouser and often lined up three or four on the back steps every morning for my Mom!

mattde
27-03-2009, 09:43 AM
The joys you miss having a house cat :-P

Leesy
27-03-2009, 09:51 AM

LOL the joys you miss are when they fetch live little mousies in to see you, that run around every where while you try and to catch them and your cat just sits there with a look on it`s face as if to say "Well you are not a very good mouser are you".:roll: :lol:

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 04:07 PM

We have mice come in every Autumn, and once a rat(!), but my house cat is an excellent mouser! Hang in there, you may get a present some day after all! :-D

angieh
27-03-2009, 04:31 PM
LOL the joys you miss are when they fetch live little mousies in to see you, that run around every where while you try and to catch them and your cat just sits there with a look on it`s face as if to say "Well you are not a very good mouser are you".:roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - very good, that's just what they must think!

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 04:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: - very good, that's just what they must think!

LOL, in one of the Moon Cottage cat books that exact point is made...one of the cats was trying to teach her two legs how to catch mice...unsuccessfully, I might add...:-D

angieh
27-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, I must try reading those books .......

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, I must try reading those books .......

Oh do, Angie; sure you'll love them! I remember laughing out loud at the part about teaching mousing.......

mattde
27-03-2009, 05:02 PM
We have mice come in every Autumn, and once a rat(!), but my house cat is an excellent mouser! Hang in there, you may get a present some day after all! :-D

I hope so , I would be so proud :-)

dandysmom
27-03-2009, 07:56 PM
I hope so , I would be so proud :-)

I was extremely proud of Leia catching and killing a rather large rat! For a gently reared indoor cat the instinct was there, she killed it at once, not toying with it like the mice. I have a rather gruesome pic of her standing over her prey .....posted it here but don't think it was much appreciated! :-D

cats' staff
27-03-2009, 08:02 PM
We are not so chuffed with our first present - poor baby bunny :(