PDA

View Full Version : Now we are two ....

dinahsmum
23-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, I guess we are just about getting used to being a two pet (one dog, one cat) household. It feels quite odd; I don't think we have been this lightly populated for thirty-odd years and at our maximum reached 2 children, 3 cats and 2 dogs!
It's strange how different numbers feel different, probably moreso as they get smaller - when you have a big household one more doesn't make a lot of difference.

I gave Bentley an upset tummy by overfeeding him, (he's fine now - it was a quick here today/gone tomorrow thing) which is stupid, because you'd think any idiot could divide an amount by two and use that, and I have a sad moment when I call for him, because the call is Boys,boys,boys - I'll think about making a change, or rattling a fork on a metal dish.

I don't know what the future will hold, in terms of feline friends. I am not actively seeking another one at the mo, as we have a lot of trips planned in the next 10 months. I guess I will leave it all to my old aquaintance Kismet, with whom I am not friends at present - I did not think kismet would take away my much awaited big ginger boy. Just goes to show you can't plan your life down to the last detail .. fate just steps in and things change.

What a blimmin rambling post - I'm not sure there's anything to comment on :?. I won't be offended if no-one replies

angieh
23-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Take care DM - just have to say that Kismet actually is terribly impersonal IMO - and I don't think there is malice aforethought involved.

Look forward to your planned trips - and give Bentley a lovely big hug from me.

yola
23-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Sometimes ramblings are very cathartic and can help onefeel a lot calmer and rational about things. As you say, it's also the little things that sometimes catch us unawares; which stop us in our tracks and bring a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye.

Mags
23-03-2009, 01:15 PM
'Ramble' as much as you wish, DM, it can be therapeutic to express your words like this. It is difficult when you lose just one pet but when you lose one of a pair that came to you together, that can often be more heartbreaking as you are constantly being reminded of things by the other 'sibling' :(

Enjoy your forthcoming trips ....... I think it's just what you need right now...

Elaine
23-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Ramble or not, all things a relevant. It is weird the whole numbers thing. Emma too did a similar thing with Caspurr last week with regards to the food and over feeding.
Kismet can be a real swine sometimes.
Lots of love from me to you xxx

dandysmom
23-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Ramble all you want, it's helpful. Life is just not fair sometimes....
Thinking of you. xxx

Leesy
23-03-2009, 04:39 PM
I echo everybody elses posts you just ramble away to your hearts content it will do you a world of good, and you know that that is what we are here for;)

alexgirl73
23-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Can't say anymore than has already been said DM. But please continue to ramble if you need to, we all understand that need unfortunately xx

Kazz
23-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I can say more "STOP RAMBLING WOMAN!"

PoshPuss
23-03-2009, 07:34 PM
If putting your thoughts into words and sharing them with us is helping then, ramble on honey! :)
I cannot bear to think how you are feeling and I admire your bravery. I can just say that some times when we think all is lost, the most unusal things happen and it starts to make sense. Still sending arrow prayers up for his safe return :)

dandysmom
23-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Both Bella and Onyx went walkabout and never came home; am praying that the third case will be the lucky one. Would he have hopped in a van, DM? Every so often you hear of a case where a cat is discovered 500 miles from home in a moving van or truck ......

calismum
23-03-2009, 09:38 PM
If rambling helps - then do it. We are all here to give you support and ((hugs)).

Kismet is not all it's cracked up to be.