PDA

View Full Version : We have friends for Mia rat, after a mad adventure.

farthing
21-03-2009, 10:23 PM
We took home 2 ratty girls to be friends for Mia , our adopted rat from pets at home.
Now, you will all think we are mad, but I will not buy an animal from a pet shop if I can help it ( Mai came from the adoption section, the local shelter places small animals there). Anyway, we couldn't find any girls in any local rescues, so when somebody from the rabbit forum I'm on offered to contact her rescue and bring some up to Dundee, when she came up to visit her brother, we agreed.
We collected them today from Dundee train station, they came up from England, and they are now settled in a cage to recover from their mammoth journey. We have called them Karly and Fliss and after we give them a week to recover we will introduce them to Mia. Hopefully they will spend the rest of their lives happy together.
It is only now we've thought how mad we sound.:lol:

alexgirl73
21-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Not mad, fab! :D I miss having wee ratties. I've had some lovely ones over the years, male and female, but none quite like my first rat Roxie. She used to come when you called her name, and travelled between Aberdeen and Glasgow very regularly on the National Express (shh don't tell them ;) :lol:)