PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - female kitten

hebe
17-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone

I'm new here.
I am looking forward to addopt a female kitten. Race i not important. Any colour expect full black.

Now I live in flat where I can have one. But the most shelters that i contacted asked me more than £50.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows a kitten for I addopt.

I live in London - N8 - Turnpike Lane but I can collect the cat in zone 1 or 2.
Many thanks

Hebe

mattde
17-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Race is not important, tho you don't like black ones . That made me laugh. £50 for a kitten in London is a good price, I have heard of kittens at £80 + in London.
Maybe pop down the local rescue centre and see if they can offer any advice.
Or have a look on the notice boards in your local petshop.
Black cats are lovely, give them a chance :-)
Good luck with ya purchase.

hebe
17-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Race is not important, tho you don't like black ones . That made me laugh. £50 for a kitten in London is a good price, I have heard of kittens at £80 + in London.
Maybe pop down the local rescue centre and see if they can offer any advice.
Or have a look on the notice boards in your local petshop.
Black cats are lovely, give them a chance :-)
Good luck with ya purchase.

sorry if I wasnt clear...

I have already 5 black cats in all my 38 years of life and now I would like to change.... I love black cats but never had other colour of cat before and I amd really sorry if you missunderstood me.

hebe

:oops:

mattde
17-03-2009, 04:56 PM
sorry if I wasnt clear...

I have already 5 black cats in all my 38 years of life and now I would like to change.... I love black cats but never had other colour of cat before and I amd really sorry if you missunderstood me.

hebe

:oops:

No need to be sorry :-) . I just though you didn't like black cats. Maybe you best bet is to look out for someone wanting to re-home unwanted kittens. I've seen a few cards up in my local pet shop saying free to a good home.
I will keep my eye out for you.

Mags
17-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I think you will find £50 is a fair price to pay when you consider the majority of Cat Shelters/Rescues usually cover vaccinations, neutering, microchipping etc before rehoming their cats and kittens....:)

hebe
17-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I've seen a few cards up in my local pet shop saying free to a good home.
I will keep my eye out for you.

many thanks

xx

dandysmom
17-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Good luck in your search, Hebe. I'm sure there's the right kitten it there for you.

smudgley
17-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I think £50 is a reasonable request for a kitten.
It will have cost the rescue more than that to rear the kitten if he/she has been wormed / flea treated / microchipped / vaccinated.

niki71uk
17-03-2009, 10:17 PM
my youngest cat was £50 n that was from someone selling them on EDINBURGH GUMTREE

Rockmaiden
17-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I am the cat re-homing officer at my local RSPCA and we charge £50 per cat adopted and believe me treatment costs are a LOT more then this.

When you consider the cost of flea treatment, worming, vaccinations, neutering and micro-chipping you are looking at approx £80-£90 and that's IF it was a healthy cat in the first place.

We recently had a cat come in to us in an awfull state that had to have one eye and one leg removed, treatment for ear mites, a stomach infection and the worst case of fleas I ahve seen in my life. It took us 3 months and over £200 to make this cat ready for re-homing and it was re-homed at the cost of £50.

We make a masisve loss every year.

I would seriously think about adopting from the local rescue as it is the best way and the price you pay for adopting the cat saves you a fortune on vets fee's.

Phoenix
18-03-2009, 02:11 PM
If I were you I wouldn't adopt a free kitten because chances are it hasn't been seen by a vet.

£50 sounds a good price for a kitten :D