PDA

View Full Version : How to put a hat on a cat?

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 04:35 PM
A virtual hat! I'm using a generic cat for St. Pat's Day avatar,, as I have no idea how some of you do it....i.e., Angie's Merlin with a wizard hat. Can it be done in Photobucket (if so, where?), or does it need some fancier site like Photoshop? I'd like to do one with Leia .....Tom did my Christmas avatar.

It's probably too techy for me, but thought I'd ask........

Elaine
16-03-2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.funphotor.com/
This is the programe i used to use, there is a free download on the link.;)

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.funphotor.com/
This is the programe i used to use, there is a free download on the link.;)

Thanks, Elaine; will give that a look after lunch! :D

mattde
16-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Send me the cat and the hat and I will do it for you if you want.

Phoenix
16-03-2009, 05:00 PM

If the cat will let you :lol:

random
16-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Was just about to say the same, although Matt will do a better job at it than me. x

mattde
16-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Was just about to say the same, although Matt will do a better job at it than me. x

Don't know about that, looking now think I've ran out of super glue :) Myrtles walking round with her easter bunny ears ready for next month.

random
16-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Lol i'm rubbish at photoshopping so I just torture the dogs to do it so I don't have to 'shop it!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/Together/24-03-08005.jpg

Ends up like this behind the scenes though!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/Together/24-03-08004.jpg

Will have to do a new one this year as have another doggy member, 18 week old pup, that will be interesting! :lol:

mattde
16-03-2009, 06:25 PM
LOL thats sooo funny. :-) I love it :)

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Cannot send the cat, as Leia dislikes traveling; however would gladly PM you a couple of cat pics! :-D I have a gazillion closeups of her. As to the hat, don't have a pic of one; assumed they had stock images on that sort of site to pick from.

That is certainly sweet of you to offer, and I'll take you up on it; you're a lovely person to offer. Let me know and I'll pick a couple of good pics and PM them if that's OK....

Eileen xx

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 08:09 PM

You would do a great job, Random; look at what you did for me 2 years ago when you took an ordinary pic of Leia looking out a window and turned it in to a lovely Christmas card! I've had them printed and still using them.

Leia would not put up for one instant to having a real hat on herself; dogs are good at that sort of thing; yours look cute, but a bit foolish! Or are they enjoying being dressed up?

Thank you for the offer! :D

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Big thanks to Matt, who put a hat on my "Irish for the Day" girlie! She looks a bit startled at what's appeared on her head! :-D

Mags
16-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Leia certainly looks the part now Eileen!:lol:

mattde
16-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Big thanks to Matt, who put a hat on my "Irish for the Day" girlie! She looks a bit startled at what's appeared on her head! :-D

Looks good dandysmom :-)

Minimal , yet effective :-)

random
16-03-2009, 11:38 PM
You would do a great job, Random; look at what you did for me 2 years ago when you took an ordinary pic of Leia looking out a window and turned it in to a lovely Christmas card! I've had them printed and still using them.

Leia would not put up for one instant to having a real hat on herself; dogs are good at that sort of thing; yours look cute, but a bit foolish! Or are they enjoying being dressed up?

Thank you for the offer! :D

The princess looks lovely in her new irish hat! :lol:

They don't mind a coat on when it is cold out but anything else takes a bit of doing, a lot of bribing and a lot more patience, but worth it! :lol:

I'm always putting daft things on the dogs mind for a giggle so they do learn patience from it I guess once they are adults, the pup is hard enough to get her to sit still for 10 seconds for a decent picture without daft stuff on!

Never tried the cats really, can't see them tolerating it long enough to get a decent pic!