PDA

View Full Version : Nail trim day

Elaine
16-03-2009, 02:05 PM
For my dear Eva. She has to be sedated this after noon for the proceedure. Will have to see if the old DIVA returns when I get the carrier ready.
I am sure she will be just fine but I hate having her sedated for what should be a simple proceedure done at home. Sadly though, despite all her improvements, she simply will not allow me to do it.

Mags
16-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Hope Eva has a stress free nail trim Elaine....let us know how it went...;)

I have to ask the vet to clip Cassie's nails too, she gets herself in such a state even when they do it...:(

angieh
16-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Please let us know how Eva gets on - she'll feel better without too much claw (and so will you!)

I am embarrassed to say that Merlin has only ever had one paw's worth of claws clipped - just before he had his cyst removed. His front ones have never been a problem, but his offside rear is like a cutlery drawer!

dinahsmum
16-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Hope she'll be OK.
I used to clip the very ends off Tizzies claws, when she was quite old and frail, didn't retract very well and kept getting caught in jumpers/upholstery etc. Luckily she was a placid soul; I'm not sure she even noticed.

Phoenix
16-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Hope Eva is fine with the vet!

Elaine
16-03-2009, 04:36 PM
What a blooming carry on:roll: Eva's weight is up again, so will need to get that sorted. Eva is currently sleeping off her experience, I have to say that she did make me and Andrew (vet) laugh. She had to be injected twice and half an hour later she still wasnt sleepy:shock: So he also had to give her a little gas. The racket she makes is unbeleivable, I kept hearing every one in waiting room gasp every time she kicked off. She vomitted a little which isnt unusual with these things, I held tissue under her to catch it and omg, Andrew almost had the tissue of vomit in his face as there was a round worm in it, Eva then fell off the table, fortunately she landed softly on her feet as she wasnt too drowsy at that point.
What a palava honestly, and all for having her claws clipped:shock:
Wormers prescribed promptly for both cats although it's Eva who hunts, best to be on the safe side though.
£43 later, we are home again and Eva is sleeping off her traumatic afternoon.

dandysmom
16-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh poor Eva! And poor you and Andrew! Glad it's over; hope she'll be her more relaxed new self when she wakes.

Thank God I don't have to do Leia's; she keeps them in shape with her scratching log.

Mags
16-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh dear, Eva doesn't do things by halves does she Elaine!:roll::lol:

Glad the ordeal is over for the poor girl.....although you learnt more than she went there for....a) she's overweight and..... b) she had a wiggly worm !!!:lol:

Here's to the next time! ;)

Phoenix
16-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh poor you, Eva and the vet!

Hope she forgives you quickly for taking her there and she's fine when she wakes up!

Liz
16-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Thats one way of getting your own back on a cruel Mummy!

Hope you are both recovering from the experience now only the worming to go through!

Elaine
16-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Eva has been vomitting on and off since coming back from the vets, her haws are showing and she is still a little off balance. Have been giving her serious cuddles and am off to give her more before trying her with a little sensitivity food.
Have been discussing it with G and I think that in future, I wont be putting her through that again. We will simply have to try and persevere in clipping her claws at home and suffer the consequences of her bad temper.
She looks absolutely pitiful.
I am not blaming the vet or anything like that, it's just I hate to see her in that condition. It's alot to put her through just to have her claws clipped.

Elaine
16-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Thats one way of getting your own back on a cruel Mummy!

Hope you are both recovering from the experience now only the worming to go through!

The worming is a doddle in comparison to clipping her claws.;)

Elaine
17-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Eva is much brighterr today thankfully, was getting a little worried about her last night. Anyhoo they have both now been wormed and I found the ideal way to worm Eva, sit on her:lol: :lol: :lol:

Erin
17-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Awwwww poor Eva, glad shes much better today.

You cant sit on the poor girly!!!

Give her hugs off me xx

Elaine
17-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Awwwww poor Eva, glad shes much better today.

You cant sit on the poor girly!!!

Give her hugs off me xx

Oh but I can and I did:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah what happened was, I knelt down behind her, she tried to run backwards and got stuck between my legs, poor girl, but if there had been any onlookers, they would have thought that I was actually sitting on her:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
17-03-2009, 08:03 PM
And never a camera handy...would love to have seen that, Elaine! Glad she's beter today.