PDA

View Full Version : help needed transporting 5 semi wild kittens

tilly
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
HI I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I have said I can take on 5 kittens that are semi wild. The problem I have is they are in Scarborough in Yorkshire and I am in buckingham, Buckinghamshire. I was wondering if anyone was able to help me in getting them south to me. the owner is happy to bring them some of the way and I can drive to around Northampton or Leicester. But is anyone able to fill in between Scarborough and Leicester area. They will be in a carrier and we have room waiting for them here.

Any help would be very gratefully received. And I hope it is OK to ask.

many thanks

Sally

alexgirl73
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
wish I could help Sally, but fingers crossed someone is able to help :) Keep us informed of how you get on.

smudgley
10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I would be glad to help with transport anytime. Wrong area for me this time though.

What will happen to them?

How old are they?

tilly
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I would be glad to help with transport anytime. Wrong area for me this time though.

What will happen to them?

How old are they?

they are 4-6 months old and were born in the garden by a feral mum. Which I am going to see if they have neutered? So she doesn't have any more litters.

We are going to see if we can tame them so they can be adopted as pets. If they can't then they will go to live at a stables after they have been neutered , vaccinated etc. But as they are relatively young we should be able to get some/all of them homed. The rescue has a not destruction policy unless it is medically advised so they will be safe and neutered.

Many thanks for you kind offer of help when we are closer to your area.

sally

smudgley
10-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Glad you are helping them, don't want to put a downer on things, but at that age, you will never tame them if they are feral. :( But I hope you prove me wrong, I really do... maybe I can come & see them when "you know what" ;) happens next month? (If they are still with you)

tilly
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi I will keep you posted as to how they get on.
I think they are going down to another foster:?: . But if they are here you are welcome to meet. I might adopt one if they can they can be tamed as I am looing for a friend for Ziggy.
I am sure the lady at the rescue has managed to tame some of the ferals she has had in and I can't think they are that bad as the owner can get them in a carrier all together.:smt017 Anyway either way they will be neutered and safe. Which is the main reason the rescue offer to take them?:-D :-D If I can I will post photos of them when they are here.

sally

Mags
10-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Good luck with them, Sally .......

smudgley
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
As you say, perhaps they are not so bad if someone can handle / box them.

Good luck with them.

If you want a friend for Ziggy, I'll find you a friend ;)

tilly
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I posted this on another forum as well and thanks to some very kind people we have managed to sort a chain to get the kitten to me. All being well they should be arriving Tuesday. Thanks to all the help here I will keep you updated and will post photos as soon as I can.

Sally