PDA

View Full Version : The kittens are coming (Kisses)

smudgley
10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Kisses is giving birth.:cool:
She has got 4 so far, luckily I'm working from home today so have been able to keep an eye on her. She had the first one at 11am. They all look ok, but she has made it clear that I'm not to be poking my nose in too much as they are her babies & not mine. She is growling & purring at the same time :roll: . I've not known that kind of behaviour before (obviously not talking about ferals) but with all the other cats I've known when in labour, they can't get enough of me to show-off their offspring to. She is being a good Mommy though which is all that counts & she loves me really. She is usually very friendly. She has been here less than a week, so I can forgive the growling. Oh & she does mean it because I put my hand inside the pen to turn the heater on and she gave me a strike with her paw! Wasn't quick enough though, so I live to tell the tale. :-D

Mags
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
So pleased Kisses is in your safe hands (not literally;)) Smudgley, she and her kittens will be well looked after and more importantly, neutered when the time comes....

angieh
10-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I hope that Kisses will feel a bit more kindly when you take those photos of her babies. She is just being a good protective mummy cat and maybe she hasn't been with you quite long enough to feel totally secure. Glad she didn't get you!

smudgley
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Not as glad as I am.:-D
we've made friends now, she's still wary, but a little more relaxed.
Don't worry, I've already got photos.;)

Leesy
10-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Well done Kisses on your little kitties, you make sure you let Smudgley look after you all:D , can`t wait to see some pics.

dandysmom
10-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Aww bless her, what a good protective mommy!

Moli
10-03-2009, 10:41 PM
New babies, how exciting...Kisses sounds a model mum..