PDA

View Full Version : Changes of "likes" (food wise)

Phoenix
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Dylan's completely changed his tune about tuna! :roll: :lol:

When he first came to us, he decided that tuna was going to poison him, today I tried him again with it, he wolfed it down and started looking for seconds :roll: :lol:

HappyKatz
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Dylan's completely changed his tune about tuna! :roll: :lol:

When he first came to us, he decided that tuna was going to poison him, today I tried him again with it, he wolfed it down and started looking for seconds :roll: :lol:

Dylan is a silly boy - he must of not known how good tuna was...
Now that he knows the taste of tuna - its all going in his belly as fast as possible! :cat10

niki71uk
09-03-2009, 08:29 PM
cass was like that with garlic sausage,but in reverse,she loved it when a kitten but now she's nearly 1 its like poison to her

toby on the other hand likes everything u give him,he's never changed since being a kitten n is now 15

Phoenix
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Dylan is a silly boy - he must of not known how good tuna was...
Now that he knows the taste of tuna - its all going in his belly as fast as possible! :cat10

Dish licked clean as well :lol:

mattde
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
My Marmalade has done the opposite, she used to wolf down fresh tuna from the tin, now she turns her nose up at it and Myrtle gets to munch it all.

Phoenix
03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Dylan now turns his nose up at all fish again now :roll: :lol:

dandysmom
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Typical cat! They used to love it, now they turn their noses up; they used to absolutely hate it and now gobble it down! Tell me about it! Leia now loves tuna .....

Elaine
05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
cass was like that with garlic sausage,but in reverse,she loved it when a kitten but now she's nearly 1 its like poison to her

toby on the other hand likes everything u give him,he's never changed since being a kitten n is now 15

Cass is right to feel that way, garlic in large quantities can be harmful to your cat, and sausage isnt that great for them either.
http://www.messybeast.com/bad-foods.htm

catwoman999
05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Cass is right to feel that way, garlic in large quantities can be harmful to your cat, and sausage isnt that great for them either.
http://www.messybeast.com/bad-foods.htm

You beat me to it Elaine!

A shiver went down my spine when I saw Niki71uk's post.
Onions and garlic are soooooo bad/toxic for cats liver.
Unfortunately alot of cat owners give their cats garlic because of old wives tale about it repelling fleas.
Also tuna should not be fed very often either, it causes inflammation in the cats mucus membranes and body. I know cats love it, but in the wild cats never hunt/eat fish...
Sorry, I am a bit of a cat food nazi.

dandysmom
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
[quote=catwoman999;574902]

Also tuna should not be fed very often

Would you consider a 3 oz, tin of Fancy Feast tuna twice a week to be OK?

catwoman999
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
[quote=catwoman999;574902]

Also tuna should not be fed very often

Would you consider a 3 oz, tin of Fancy Feast tuna twice a week to be OK?

Yes, twice a week is ok but no more than that really!
Hope I haven't worried anyone!
My cats love fish, though I only give them it once/twice a month. I am a bad mummy!
I prefer to give them meat as treats rather than fish.

dandysmom
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks, CW, Leia will be pleased to hear that; she used to hate tuna but loves it now. She's such a picky puss I'm delighted to find something she'll eat with gusto.

catwoman999
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks, CW, Leia will be pleased to hear that; she used to hate tuna but loves it now. She's such a picky puss I'm delighted to find something she'll eat with gusto.

With an elderly/sick cat, the rule book sometimes needs to be thrown out the window... Sometimes its better to eat tuna than nothing at all... ;)
Leia will be whispering in your ear " don't listen to that Catwoman, she is just a spoil sport" lol. x

dandysmom
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I agree there; Elaine has often pointed out that it's better for the cat to eat something when it's elderly/ailing, than to eat nothing. Leia has slept thru this discussion so she won't be thinking evil thoughts about you!

catwoman999
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree there; Elaine has often pointed out that it's better for the cat to eat something when it's elderly/ailing, than to eat nothing. Leia has slept thru this discussion so she won't be thinking evil thoughts about you!

Correct! Cats can develop fatty liver (life threatening condition) quite quickly if not eating...
I am glad the wee lady is asleep and not hearing this lol!