PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

rapidf1re
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
My kitten (5months) has been ill with a poorly stomach, he has very wet stools, and we took him to the vet and they gave us some very bland, dry food as well as a pro biotic which with give him wrapped in a small piece of parma ham. he has been fine up until now, where his bum is bright red, he is constantly licking, he still has 'loose' stools and he left a drop of blood on the bed! He is also a little bloated. He was wormed about 4 days ago. Can anyone shed some light on this? He is still very active! (He is a Bengal after all)

Many Thanks

calismum
08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd honestly take him back to the vet. If he's loose he'll be sore if he's sore, he'll lick and make it worse.

Bloated tummy may be more than worms and by the sound of it he's in some discomfort.

Is there any way you can give him his meds in something less strong than parma ham? Chicken perhaps?

If he was my boy I'd be right there tomorrow.

Hope all goes well for him - and welcome to Catsey - hope to hear more from you and your kitten.

rapidf1re
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks, well i hope to be on here more, i'll try some chicken, his name is budley, we also have another cat called suki, a snow spotted bengal. (who is also getting looser stools now- so it leads me to think its a bacterial infection!)

angieh
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
What a shame! Sounds as if you may be right. I'd get them both to the vet tomorrow if possible.

Welcome to Catsey - sorry it is in such stressful circumstances for you all.

dandysmom
08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, off to the vet ASAP; they must be in a lot of discomfort. Sorry your first post was a sad one, welcome to Catsey and hope you'll be back with a report about how they're doing.

Natalie
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Welcome to Catsey. Sorry to hear all is not well with your 2 kitties. Let us know how you get on.

Leesy
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Rapidf1re and welcome to Catsey, just read this post an I was wondering how you were getting on with your kitten and wether or not his tummy was any better.:)