PDA

View Full Version : Koko is ....

smokytopaz
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
well Koko is what? I know patience is a virtue but mine is being severely strained. :evil:

She wants to be in the same room as me. She yells because (hmm.... in season? bored? wants attention?) BUT she will not let me near her. She really could do with being brushed to rid her of muck, and restore her shiny coat to its glowing beauty but will she? Will she h***.

She will come........ oh pause here!

I left a treat stick on the table because she would not come, I was too late it has been nabbed.

I have re-read all my early posts and realised she has improved.

So will someone post me more patience? Pretty please?:(

smokytopaz
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
She is now sitting five feet from me yowling. Very loudly. But if I go to her she runs.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk.

dandysmom
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh bless, she is a strange little cat! But a huge improvement from early days.... maybe after she's spayed she'll be a bit less untouchable ...I hope. Sending some patience vibes....

You must be getting sick of "hang in there' messages!

smokytopaz
08-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Well she obviously wants something. What I do not know.

Honestly I know I am being tedious, she will get better dear lor she has got better from six weeks ago.

I would dearly like to get her spayed in the hope it will calm her - as well as avoid the unholy noise, and the possible litter.

I can't catch her, I can't touch her but she will come on my knee to retrieve a toy or get a bit of ham.

I know.

Keep going - look how much she has improved.

I am still hanging in there, :(

calismum
08-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Sending you a big box of patience, tolerance and a big hug.

You are getting there - you know you are. It's just frustrating journey.

smokytopaz
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Today Koko is........... much calmer and quieter. She has played happily with her new toy - ping pong balls (thanks for the suggestion). I thought we had a chinese olympic team practicing in the hallway!

I am fairly sure now that she is going in and out of season, and until she is more prepared to be handled I can't get her to the vet. I can't because quite frankly I can't catch her.

So she and I have had a nice day she watched me work and I watched her play. Seems ok to me!:lol:

dandysmom
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Glad the ping pong ball suggestion went over well! Even my lazy girl will play with them.

About catching her...could you leave the carrier out with the door open and get her accustomed to it by leaving the occasional treat there? Then when the day comes, quickly latch the door and off to the vet! Sounds sneaky and a bit mean, but she'll be happier when it's done. Just a thought ........

smokytopaz
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL! yes that does sound a bit sneaky. Just one small thing my little girl is Siamese. I doubt very much if she would fall for it, and sods law being what it is it would not be on appointment!

Its lovely when she just chats to me as she has done all day, when she loses her ball when she follows me around as she does constantly when she is awake... it really is when she screams in season I find... grating.

She does love her new ping pong balls. When I went to get them the sports shop person said holding out package of ppballs... Very good quality! I said tis for my kitten..... and bought the 10p each ones!

smokytopaz
08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I fink I might just get the cat carrier out - as a sort a fixture, with a nice wooly in it and hidden surprises.

Lord help me I am going bananas!

niki71uk
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
sorry,a bit confused here.u said she was siamese,yet the pics uve shown,she is all black????? is she part siamese???

dandysmom
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I fink I might just get the cat carrier out - as a sort a fixture, with a nice wooly in it and hidden surprises.

Lord help me I am going bananas!

Lol! As she can't be fed on op day and will be starving (and telling you LOUDLY!) she might, just might check the carrier for any food ....... and voila! :-D

smokytopaz
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
sorry,a bit confused here.u said she was siamese,yet the pics uve shown,she is all black????? is she part siamese???

Well she isn't black she is all chocolate with green eyes. The breed number is ummmmmmmm 29, which means she is classified as a Havana Brown, a siamese varient. Oriental is another way to do it. She is - as I discover every day - pure siamese.;)

dandysmom
08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
My breeder friends had Orientals as well as pointed Siamese, and they are temperamentally all what you think of as Siamese: very vocal, extremely bright and high strung. Lovely cats.

Moli
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Koko is a Havana, which is a solid brown, a Havana is a pedigree cat of Siamese origin..
I have a solid black Siamese which is classed as a Black Oriential, also a pedigree cat of Siamese origins......:)