PDA

View Full Version : Book Swap

angieh
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Natalie kindly asked me whether I would like her to post her copy of The Chocolate Lovers Club to me when she's finished. I've PMd her and we'll make our arrangements between us.

But this got me wondering whether a book swap on the forum would be something anyone else would be interested in? The cost of postage could be an issue, but 2nd class is not really too much IMO.

I am a member of ReadItSwapIt which works fine; but I don't have the same "connections" I have with this forum.

It would take a bit of organisation to start and we'd have to sort out how to post booklists etc.

What do you think???

dandysmom
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I'd love to, but postage to and from the States would make it a bit impractical for me to join, although I think it's a great idea.

angieh
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
You could perhaps do something similar with Tink and any other US members who are interested?

Kazz
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh yes I will go for that.

I can offer for swap, just a selection within reach from where I sit now....are these, I would happily pass these on then let them move on again. I can't read a book more than once.

I am listing them title; author; then a brief outline of the book.

Barack Obama (his life story in his own words)

Twoppence to Tooley Street (Harry Bowling) A classic novel of post war life in London.

The Constant Princess (Philippa Gregory) Historical fiction... I found an excellent read.

My Psychic Life (Sally Morgan) Her life story.

Splling the Beans (Clarissa Dickinson Wright) the woman from two fat ladies and again a really good read.

Our Hidden Lives (Simon Garfield) Writer SG has skillfully woven the diaries of five ordinary people. confronting the uncertain years following WWII, into a wonderful and evocative patchwork...I enjoyed it once I got into it.

The Boleyn Inheritance...(Philippa Gregory) As you can see I enjoy these.Another one I would say read.

Call the Midwife.(Jennifer Worth) The true story of the East End in 1950's another one I enjoyed.

Steve and Me (Terri Irwin) Goes without saying I think but a good read another side to a man I liked to watch and spoke common sense.

I would like to find any of the historical Philippa Gregory ones...The Queens Fool. The Virgins Lover....The Other Boleyn Girl..The Other Queen....

I will pay postage unless you want a direct swop????

angieh
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks for posting those books Kazz - have you had any takers yet? I also have a Sally Morgan, wonder if it's the same author ....

A Memory of Demons David Ambrose
A Question of Guilt Frances Fyfield
Absolute Friends John Le Carre
Alan Rickman: The Unauthorised Biography Maureen Paton
Bare Bones Kathy Reichs
Blood and Gold: The Vampire Marius (The Vampire Chronicles) Anne Rice
Blow Fly Patricia Cornwell
Dark Angel Sally Beauman
Five Quarters Of The Orange Joanne Harris
Happy Accidents Tiffany Murray
Hello, Darkness Sandra Brown
My Place Sally Morgan
State of Fear Michael Crighton
The Cult Anita Burgh
The Ground Beneath Her Feet Salman Rushdie
The Lair of the White Worm Bram Stoker
The Last Templar Raymond Khoury
The Map of Love Adhaf Soueif
The Murder Room P D James
The Rottweiler Ruth Rendell
The Rule of Four Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
The Torment of Others Val McDermid
Toast Nigel Slater
Vernon God Little DBC Pierre
Archangel Robert Harris
Pompeii Robert Harris

(I copied the above from a Word doc, so it looks odd - sorry)

Most of the above books are in very good condition but there are a couple that are previous swaps from RISI, so if anyone is interested in a particular book, please PM me and I'll let them know if the condition is anything other than VG. I am also happy to pay postage.

dandysmom
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I've read 6 on your list, Angie; must look for the Bram Stoker!

angieh
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh - which 6 Eileen?

dandysmom
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh - which 6 Eileen?

Reichs, Cornwell, Crighton, Khoury, James and Rendell. Must look also for the Val McDermid, don't think I've read that one, although I like her.

yola
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Mmmmm. Alan Rickman :smt007

angieh
07-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Would you like me to send it to you, Yola?