View Full Version : Chester

Pages : [1] 2

Natalie
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Any sign of him DM?

dinahsmum
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
No
I'm not allowing myself to get frantic - he did this to me once before and reappeared about 7.30pm.
He's either frightened and hiding, or shut in. There's no sign of him 'on roads' etc, so I'll just sit tight and wait for him

Wish he was here though

Leesy
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Hope he turns up soon, they are a worry aren`t they these cats, then they will just roll back in when they want to as bold as brass and look at you as if to say "whats your problem".:roll: :roll:

yola
03-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh, poor you. I bet you're quite worried despite your pragmatic front eh? ;)
I hope he strolls back in soon just as he did last time . . . please let us know when the norty boy returns :D

dinahsmum
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Going off line now.
OH and I both have meetings to go to tonight.
Fingers crossed I can come on with good news in the morning - I promise I'll log on early to post a bulletin.

Kazz
03-03-2009, 05:59 PM
He'll be under a bush somewhere avoiding the rain.

Donna
03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Hoping he returns very soon x

angieh
03-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Come home Chester - Merlin is sending you a wizardly message. You don't want to stay outside.

Mags
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Hope he's waiting for you on your return DM...

Moli
03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Everything crossed he is on the doorstep when you come home...

Natalie
03-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I know what a worrying time it is too. Can't wait to hear his story. COME HOME CHESTER!!!!

dandysmom
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Same from me, DM!

dinahsmum
04-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Nothing :cry:

The rain last night was just awful .... I'm still hoping he's shut in somewhere. He's missed 3 meals now.

Am off now with fliers and posters.

Leesy
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Oh poor Chester and poor you, I hope he turns up soon you must be so worried:( , good idea to get some fliers posted out and about.
Sending Chester out some vibes to come home safely and quickly so as to stop his mum worrying.

PoshPuss
04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
OK, sending out real loud COME HOME CHESTER calls !

DM, we're all with ya kid, stay calm and all will be well.

alexgirl73
04-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Chester, enough is enough, come home and stop scaring poor mummy!!

Everything crossed he is home very soon DM xx

yola
04-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Hilary - everything crossed for Chester coming home at the earliest opportunity . . . hang on in there girl!

angieh
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
We all know the feeling DM - keep calling him. Don't give up, it's really very early days.

COME HOME CHESTER!

dinahsmum
04-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, I've leafleted all around and met some nice people who will keep an eye out. OH has travelled the only busy road (which isn't really very near) and declared it 'clear' *shudder*
Chester can get spooked but I would have thought even he would unspook in 24 hours?
I suppose no news is good news and now I must take the dog out for a walk - we'll do a detour round all the houses on the way back; I'm sure Dinah is more likely to notice anything than I would, peering in people's gardens and under cars.

meep
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Come home Chester!! I do hope he shows up soon DM! Try not to worry too much, he'll probably trot in later this afternoon looking for some food without a care in the world, not realising the worry he's caused!

Mags
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I really hope he comes home soon DM .........keep your chin up! x

Annestaff
04-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Fingers crossed here for Chester's safe return, what a worry :(

Natalie
04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
COME HOME CHESTER :smt017

dinahsmum
04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks all.
I've phoned the vets and he's not there. I didn't really think he would be, seeing as he's chipped, but you never know - he might have been admitted as a casualty and no-one remembered to scan him.
They'll keep an eye out and will put him on their lost and found list if I ask. I'll leave that till tomorrow.
Little ****** - I'm so worried that he is hurt - I'll kill him when he gets in! The classic response.

Kazz
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Oscar went once....I was beside myself with worry and what did he do come strolling through the cat flap and proceed to demand food like he had been gone 3 hours not over 36.....about this time of year too slightly milder weather than it had been; I think the Spring got into him....he had a stern talking to and a tin of red salmon opened for him.....which he proceeded to eat after washing my tears from his fur.

I think its something you have to live with when you choose to let them out. However worried you get its a choice you make and in my opinion I prefer a cat of mine to be inside outside...the problem is when you get a roamer like Chester and Oscar.
Cleo and Bentley types are ideal....garden bods....for the majority of the time.

dandysmom
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Praying hard here, DM .........

PoshPuss
04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Sending out "come home" vibes for Chester; it's cold out there son. Hope he's warm and under cover somewhere. Thinking of you, DM :(

cats' staff
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
COME HOME CHESTER- NOW!
I is horrible waiting for them isn't it? I'm sure he is somewhere safe and warm.

Moli
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Hoping he comes home soon........

PoshPuss
05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Any news DM? I'm just praying he's come home and is scoffing away right now.

dinahsmum
05-03-2009, 09:43 AM
My poor sweet daft soft boy.
I acknowledge that he may be OK somewhere, and may walk in on me today, or tomorrow, or next week, I think the chances are vanishingly small.
Over 48 hours now; we had torrential cold rain and hail on night one and 4" of snow last night. Should he have been injured and hiding outside, I don't think even a fit 3 year old can survive that.
So, I fear the worst. I hope it may have been the best of the worst and that he met his end swiftly and without fear under a car. I will not think of other scenario.
He is microchipped, so if he should turn up somewhere sometime, he can be returned.
But I fear he is gone.
No more morning prip? mrip?, frantic washing of the inside of my wrists, kneading furiously, left arm in front of right, rolling luxuriously on his back, kicking all four legs inelegantly in all directions....
:smt022:smt022:smt022

Mags
05-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Stay positive for a while yet DM, there is always hope. I was thinking of you earlier when I heard the forecast down your way and was praying that Chester had come home or was safely out of the elements.

Your love for Chester pours out from your post and I really feel for you having experienced a lost loved cat years ago myself. The ache inside is raw..:(

Still praying that he will come home to you..

Take care *hugs* x

Leesy
05-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh DM I so so so hope that you are wrong and he walks in through the door purring and meowing away for food as if there is nothing wrong, you don`t think he could have been taken in by anybody do you that may not have seen any of your posters.
I have just said another prayer for his return to you, its the not knowing of where he is or what has happened that I would find hard to bare, are feelings and thoughts are with you Xxx. :cry: :cry: :cry:

meep
05-03-2009, 10:25 AM
DM, i really hope he will show up soon and all your worst fears are unfounded. I know the weather has been awful lately but it is Spring and nows the time all the baby animals are about. Our old cat, Sophie, takes a yearly pilgramage this time of year; she disappears for 3 - 5 days and comes back with a baby rabbit or two. I'm not sure if you're in the right area, but maybe he went off hunting?

Or he could maybe be trapped in a shed or something? Again, our wee one Chaska had disappeared for 6 days and showed up very skinny and dehydrated but safe and fine. There is still a good chance he's ok but just delayed in coming home!

yola
05-03-2009, 10:30 AM
H - I hope with all my heart that you are wrong. Big, big hugs.

angieh
05-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't lose hope DM - he may still come home. I really wish there was more I could do.

Moli
05-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Hoping and praying he comes home.....Thoughts with you DM....x

random
05-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Hope he's home soon. :(

dinahsmum
05-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank you all for your support.
It's a horrible slushy post-snow day here but I went around the houses after my optician appointment. Shaking a pot of biscuits and calling - to add just a touch of humour to an unfunny situation, you'd be amazed at just how many of the local cats are called Chester and are delighted with the prospect of a mad woman calling them and offering biscuit! Little chancers!

I'd feel a lot more confident if Chester was a bold boy, but he is the original scaredy cat - doesn't even like strangers in the house, so there's no way I can imagine him going with somebody voluntarily, or calling out should he be hurt or trapped.
Ho hum. The cat flap is set permanently on 'allow entry/prevent exit'. You never know, do you?

Donna
05-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I hope he turns up soon.. Misty scared me a while back and disappeared for three days.. .ended up walking in and waking me up by jumping on me in bed in the middle of the night.. as if nothing had happened....

Keep positive..

dandysmom
05-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh DM, I so hope he shows up soon; know how terribly you're hurting now. Keeping up the prayers ........

janey83
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I really do hope that he turns up soon. Keep positive x

calismum
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
It is the not knowing that is so hard. But, to echo some of the above, one of my boys went AWOL for 5 days and came home without a scratch. I hope that is what the outcome for you is.

Big hugs

CMx

Kazz
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a good feeling about this don' know why but I do.

PoshPuss
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Keep positive DM, I know Chester's an old softie but I bet he has inner strength. My pal Denises' cat went AWOL for 6 weeks! then turned up again... Kevin, his name is. We thought he was a goner and lo and behold, so there is always hope.

Natalie
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree that one should never lose hope. I can't imagine the pain and worry you must be going through. I'm upset and worried for you and I can't get Chester out of my mind.

Sending you massive hugs and praying Chester comes home asap ((((((hugs))))))))

dinahsmum
06-03-2009, 10:19 AM
No news.

I too have had a cat reappear after several days, so I know that he just could walk in one day. He is easily spooked, so I suppose if he had been mega-spooked he could just have cowered under a bush for 3 days, but it feels like a long shot, especially after the awful weather.

We're doing all the 'long-shot/covering all bases' investigative and advertising stuff today, just to be totally sure we've done everything, then there's just time.

Please don't upset youselves for me. It's Ok - or rather, it's an unavoidable fact of being the owner of a cat allowed outside. The other side of the coin which allows you the privilege of sharing your life and home with one of these glorious, loving but independent, creatures is that, one day, they may just go out and never come back. If that is what has happened, it is the first time it's happened to me in 40 years of cat-owning. It's horrible, but it's part of the contract you metaphorically sign in taking on a cat.
(I haven't suddenly gone all philosophical; I was talking this through with my daughter yesterday, when she said it made her feel like never letting her cats out ever again - we agreed on the above)

Fingers still crossed but pragmatism bone finely tuned.

dandysmom
06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I do so admire your stoicism and philosophy, DM; hope so much it's not needed and that Chester will show up.... I went thru this with my childhood cat who went out one day and never came home; also with little Onyx. It's the not knowing that hurts so much... prayers still coming. (((hugs)))

borderdawn
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Sorry to hear this, I hope he is home soon.

Kazz
07-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I think its something you have to live with when you choose to let them out. However worried you get its a choice you make and in my opinion I prefer a cat of mine to be inside outside...the problem is when you get a roamer like Chester and Oscar.
Cleo and Bentley types are ideal....garden bods....for the majority of the time.

I agree its a fact you have to live with, if you choose to let your cat out which I did and always would. Even lwith Archie being killed in a RTA it did not deter or change my mind. But horses for courses.

Mags
07-03-2009, 10:30 AM
How is Bentley DM? Is he showing signs of missing his brother? :(

dinahsmum
07-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Bentley is his usual laid back, purry self I'm pleased to report.

Coincidentally it's the Cats Protection Spring Fair this morning, so they have one of my Missing posters on display and were, of course, very sweet and positive about things. If by any chance he is spotted but is too spooked to be caught I have to ring them to arrange to borrow a trap. What a horrible thought - what a poor frightened wreck he would be - but I suppose that would go in time.

Mags
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Bentley is his usual laid backpurry self I'm pleased to report.

Coincidentally it's the Cats Protection Spring Fair this morning, so they have one of my Missing posters on display and were, of course, very sweet and positive about things. If by any chance he is spotted but is too spooked to be caught I have to ring them to arrange to borrow a trap. What a horrible thought - what a poor frightened wreck he would be - but I suppose that would go in time.
What an excellent idea to display Chester's photo at the CP Fair, here's hoping you get a result from it...

Kim
08-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry, only just caught up with this DM. So sorry to hear about Chester, hoping he will turn up. I have had this happen to me too, it is awful not knowing..... x

dinahsmum
15-04-2009, 07:18 PM
He's found; he's safe!
He's at the cattery in SW England and I'm in SE USA but never mind.
I don't know the whole story until I get home but we got a call from the vet yesterday as we were at the gate for boarding the plane . He's skinny and hungry but unhurt. They and the cattery got organised and transferred him, so we'll see him next Wenesday.
That's 6 weeks exactly he was missing.
No time to chat - speak whenever I'm able. I'm still quite speechless with amazement really!

alexgirl73
15-04-2009, 07:21 PM
OMG!!! How wonderful DM!! I can't wait to hear how this happened and to hear of your loving reunion :D

Moli
15-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Thats the best news ever.....So pleased he is safe and will be back with you soon...Enjoy your holiday DM....

Mags
15-04-2009, 07:22 PM
What??????? :shock: OH DM that's wonderful, wonderful news, I am sooooo happy for you!

Enjoy your holiday now and look forward to your beautiful boy when you return :D

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to lets us know the good news!:D

Woohoo!!! :smt026:smt026:smt026

Kazz
15-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Flipping heck, thats great great news thank God for the microchip.

dinahsmum
15-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Indeed. If yours isn't chipped now- go and get them done immediately!
I'll do a post on it when I get back

Elaine
15-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Dear lord!!! What an adventure Chester will to tell. I am so very very pleased that he has been found safe and well, even if he is a bit thin. I am so happy for you DM, I really am:D

kado
15-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I have only just seen this. I am so glad he has been found. It must be a Chester thing though. Our Chester went missing for 6 hours first time out after being chipped and was found by a neighbour.

dandysmom
15-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh how wonderful; so happy for you and Chester!!!! Now you can relax and enjoy the holiday knowing your dear boy is all right and will be back home to you! Prayers do get answered sometimes!

calismum
15-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh DM I am so pleased for you. That is just the best news.

yola
15-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Hilary - you have no idea how happy reading this has made me!!! Have a lovely holiday and many thanks for taking the time to let us know - bless you - you can relax and enjoy yourself in the knowledge your ginger fella is safe and well.

Karen was right with her 'good feeling' . . .

angieh
15-04-2009, 08:04 PM
How wonderful - how amazing - what excellent news. I am so glad and I am also very very glad for you DM. Enjoy your holiday now. He's safe.

smudgley
15-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I knew it, I just knew he'd come back home.:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Chester you'd better tell all, in fact no.... it doesn't matter as long as you are safe & a big brave soldier until Mommy gets home, then all is forgiven.... :cool:

EmmaG
15-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Excellent news!!

Leesy
15-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I am so so soooooo happy to hear that Chester has been found safe and sound that is EXCELLENT, that has really made my day, bet you are over the moon and can`t wait to see him to give him a BIG kiss and cuddle Xxx.

Donna
15-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I am so pleased he is found safe and sound... looking forward to hearing of the reunion!

smokytopaz
15-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh Joy! I read this thread for ages hoping he would stroll right back in....... I bet you enjoyed your holiday more!

Good lad Chester!:smt038 :smt041 :smt026

cats' staff
15-04-2009, 09:22 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) brilliant!

pookyandjo
16-04-2009, 01:12 AM
What fantastic news DM.. oh the stories he could tell! By the look of your post he has been found a long way away...i bet you are just thrilled beyond words...I know i am...WELCOME HOME CHESTER!!! :) :) :)

mattde
16-04-2009, 07:59 AM
WOW thats great news , happy days :-)

Erin
16-04-2009, 08:29 AM
OMG thats fantastic DM, welcome home Chester :) xx

PoshPuss
16-04-2009, 08:37 AM
OH MY GOOD GOSH! FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

Welcome back Chester, mate! and DM, you must be sooooooo happy :-D :D :D:D:D

random
16-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh what absolutely fantastic news, absolutely made up for you i'm so happy he is safe and will be home soon, I bet you just can't wait to get home now you know he is waiting for you, how wonderful, what a boy!

dinahsmum
16-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I've comandeered the laptop whilst OH is busy at a meeting so I can tell you as much as I know so far. We were actually at the gate at Heathrow on Tuesday and OH said he was just going for a mooch about to stretch his legs, have wee etc - it was about 45 minutes to departure time. He was gone a while but no worries - I was just chilling, people watching etc. Then he returned and said 'I've got some good but inconvenient news'. So, I set my brain to that for a few seconds but gave up ... OK - tell me. "Chester's been found" "Alive????" "Yup. He's at the vets, He's skinny and hungry but they've checked him over and he's OK."
So amazing! Poor OH was actually on the throne when his blackberry went off!:) :oops: but never mind! So, he explained the situation (maybe not the exact details I've just put) and asked the vets to arrange with the cattery to collect him.
Somebody had handed him in. He was found about a mile from home and he had crossed the river (Obviously over the bridge - he hadn't swum or boated!) which I find quite amazing. I'd never have imagined him doing that
He survived the first night when it rained and hailed like crazy and the second when it snowed. He ws six weeks away. Goodness knows what he ate - he's never caught anything bigger than a fly.
The vet has the name of the person who handed him in but won't give it to me; I'll have to write a note and put in a gift voucher and ask them to address and post it for me. Maybe I'll find out more later. Where he's found (if I've got the story right) is a busy shopping street (there are only two!) in our little town.

I'm still amazed......

Thanks for all your comments and good wishes - my little lad certainly had plenty of people pulling for him. Seems like you're nearly as chuffed as I am

Mags
16-04-2009, 02:37 PM
DM there's not one person on Catsey that didn't have a smile or sense of relief at your news yesterday ......... now we really do know never to give up hope!:D

So pleased the news came through before you boarded .......what an exciting way to start your holiday!:D

Enjoy it and please hurry home as we are longing to hear of your reunion!! ;)

Elaine
16-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I dont think any of us are quite as chuffed as you DM but we are all exstatic at the good news. Cannt wait till you get him home and take some new piccies of the wee monkey.:D

calismum
16-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I still get choked up every time I read that he's alive and well. I am just so happy for you.

angieh
16-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Chester's story is worthy of a wider audience because it is so heart-warming. Chuffed, glad, relieved and amazed - and that's just me!

dinahsmum
23-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Cat's must be like elephants so they don't forget. He started purring as soon as I spoke to him and put my fingers through the bars of the cat carrier. He and Bentley both wailed on the few miles back home, but he jumped put of the carrier and straight into the kitchen looking for food as soon as I opened it.
He is painfully, pitifully thin :(. I brought one carrier in each hand, just from the car to the house. It was almost as if his was empty compared with Bentley's. His coat still has its vibrant colour but is somehow not quite as zingy. He had a tick between his shoulder blades that was huge. There are a couple of lumps at the base of one ear - maybe bites, maybe tick sites where the tick has gorged and fallen off? I wondered if his ears would be torn and scratched but no, they're OK. His claws are almost worn away on his front feet. However he is in good spirits, bright, chatty and very cuddly. I must head off and put a post asking the best way to build him up again and post a couple of pics.

yola
23-04-2009, 10:17 AM
It's good to know that Karen was right with her 'feeling' that Chester was going to be found. And so close too. Poor bunny - give him a major hug from me please!

Leesy
23-04-2009, 12:07 PM
So glad that he is now back home safe and sound with you DM, what a BIG BIG BIG relief won`t be long before he puts his weight back on I bet and he has is zingy colour back.
Poor wee babs give him a big chin rub and cuddle from me Xxx.

Mags
23-04-2009, 12:22 PM
So relieved you are reunited DM, I'm sure with your loving care you will soon build him back up to his former self.

A big cuddle to Chester (and Bentley) and a hug for you...:D

dinahsmum
23-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I'm just off to the vets now.
Am taking them a box of choccy bics
Have a card which I will put some ££s in and ask them to address to the finder/hander-in
Will see if there is any more info to explain about what happened
Will get some good, vet-strength wormers.

dandysmom
23-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm so happy to hear about the reunion, you'll soon have some flesh on those bones again. If only he could talk and tell you what happened....

PoshPuss
23-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Mighty glad to hear of the reunion :D sounds like he'll be getting full on 'prodigal son' treatment from you :lol: I can smell the fatted calf from here. Welcome home Chester...

Kazz
23-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Thats a nice thing to do DM.....hope you get a little more background detail.

calismum
23-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Just choke up everytime I read this post - I am just so so so happy for you both.

Give him a huge cuddle from Alfie and me.

angieh
23-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Sounds as if he was indeed shut in somewhere to have lost most of his front claws, but no other injury. Slow and steady recovery is best IMO - that way the weight will stay on. Salmon oil might be good for him and his coat if he will take it.

cats' staff
23-04-2009, 08:07 PM
So pleased he is home safe!

Kim
23-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I can't tell you how happy I am for you Hilary - this is fantastic news! Welcome home Chester! x

dinahsmum
30-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Progress Report

Well, a week on from our collecting him and two weeks since he was found, he continues to progress.
"Emotionally" he seems fine. He's no more a scaredy cat than he used to be; in fact I think he is a little bit bolder. I guess that figures - if he can see, experience and cope with all the stuff he must have during his absence then what on earth will harm him in his own home? However, cats don't really emote like that, do they? I have noticed him dreaming a bad one just once - kneading and growling - but he had dreams before he disappeared too.
Condition. Well, it's going to take a while. His coat is looking nicer and he has just a little more flesh on him - most noticeable in his face and extremities - tail and paws, oddly! His back, ribs and haunches are still very, very, boney. I've wormed him today, so hope that will make a difference (Didn't do him before because I had to Frontline him to deal with all the ticks - I can't remember why you shouldn't flea and worm at the same time - can you?)
The tick marks round the base of both his ears are fading and have nearly gone. He must have been a sight! I guess the vets gave him one going over for ticks but missed the monster he came home with.
He and Bentley are fine again - just as they were before.
I'll post a pic when I feel he's starting to look his former fit healthy self.

Leesy
30-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks DM for the progress report, so great to hear that Chester is on the up and up and that he is putting on a little bit of weight, it is strange isn`t it how their hips and ribs seem to be the last place that they put weight on:? , I have had that trouble getting Maxi and Maisy to put some weight on there, but they have now got a nice layer there as they do not feel as boney when you stroke them( it`s the skinny kitten syndrome):roll:

Also glad that he is OK emotionally as goodness knows what he actually went through and where he was, have you heard anything about who found him yet ?

Give Chester a big cuddle and kiss Pauline, Maxi and Maisy Moo Xxx.

Mags
30-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks DM, the progress report is very welcome.

It's good to read that Chester is slowly improving in all aspects ........ did the vet give him a clean bill of health?

Once he's filled out and regained his strength, I'm sure you will then have your 'old' Chester back again.

I may be wrong but I think it may take you longer to adjust to what he has been through ......... what a shame no-one can give you any answers as to what happened during those six weeks...:?

You have the patience and love for Chester to get through this period ........ then have a holiday that you can relax and enjoy ;)

angieh
30-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks so much for the Chester update DM. Glad to hear that the tick marks are fading and that he is slowly gaining a bit of weight and his condition is improving.

A slightly more robust hug from me for Chester and a good nose rub for Bentley.

I think Mags may have put her finger on it - it may well take you longer to recover from your fright than it will Chester. I'm just really glad that the ginger boy is there to help you get over it!

boating bengal
30-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi only just caught the end of this post but pleased to learn chester home and well. They always seem to be able to reduce us to little blobs of worry, dont they. Having "lost " buster 6 times in 8 months, i know how important it is to get your cat /dog chipped. He once turned up after nearly 3 months over 15 miles away. Give chester a hug x:)

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Very glad to read the update; things are coming along well. Thank God for microchips.