PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Kenneth

Kathryn
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi all haven't posted for ages but Kenneth needs your help.
Kenneth has multitude of complex problems which have been stable for 7 yrs with one diet & various medications. The diet RC sensitivity control capelin & tapioca has been changed by the manufacturers to what was to be blue whiting & tapioca well it isn't it is blue whiting & RICE. Kenneth is in problems with this although we have changed him very gradually it is not suiting him, there has been no help or advice offered by Royal canin, my vet has no answer so does any one have any suggestions for a food similar to what he was eating & has been fine on for 7yrs. Kenneth cannot eat wet food - he cannot pick it up:cry:
most dry foods contain rice or chicken both he cannot tolerate particularly well, he has already lost weight & condition probably this has just signed his death warrant unless I can sort something out, I have been down the home cooked root as well with little success, too complicated to explain.....cannot tolerate, turkey, lamb, chicken, beef, some fish etc
Hoping you can help
X K

dinahsmum
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Poor Kenneth.
Venison?
Rabbit?
You can buy tapioca and cook and add that to the meat.
But cats need more, don't they?

Can you get in touch with Joe Inglis (the telly vet - remember him) who does quite a lot with dog food and dog nutrition - he mighr be able to give you some tips.
Do a search here for feeding raw - there are links to sites which can enable you to get all the supplements cats need.
Good luck!

Edit Here's (http://www.catnutrition.org/index.php) the link

calismum
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry I canot help but do hope you manage to find a solution for Kenneth.