PDA

View Full Version : Kado

kado
01-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I was in the living room at around 12am last night and i heard a noise in the kitchen so i went to investigate. All the cats where staring at the cooker so i got the OH to remove the trays that was standing next to it. I screamed as a suicidal mouse came running out i jumped on the side i would say within 20 seconds Kado came running back in the kitchen with it after running around the living room. I screamed again jumped on the side followed by Kado with the mouse in his mouth. We let him outside followed by guinness and Chester, got chester back in straight away but the other 2 took around 2 hours to come back. I could have had other peoples cats come in but mine where playing chase me.

kado

Bronte-sis
01-03-2009, 01:19 PM
lol, he was showing his mum what he had caught for her, mine are always bringing them in and letting them go, I then have to catch them and put them outside, I don't mind mice, but saw them with a rat the other day so locked them out, do not want a rat in, scary.

kado
01-03-2009, 01:58 PM
After i posted he brought it in the back garden and started to toss it around he had a lot of fun. He then dropped it and Simon just looked at it so it give my son time to pick it up and put it in the bin.

dandysmom
01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Well done Kado! Better a dead mouse outside than a live one indoors! Leia used to kill them at once, but lately has taken to playing catch-and-release when she gets one (more fun for her, not the mouse!) I wish she wouldn't do that ...... :roll:

Bronte-sis
01-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Murphy just brings them in and drops them alive to go and eat biscs, sometimes the first time I see them is when all the cats are sat around a cupboard watching intently. The worst time was when one was brought in dead and left on my pillow, I had a real scare when I woke up I can tell you.

Tina
01-03-2009, 07:27 PM
My girls haven't caught any mice as yet......and thankfully no rats! Haven't seen any in the house, so lack of opportunity I guess.

I know we did have to save a tiny vole from Miw one day last summer before she harmed it.

Mousie is more inclined to catching very BIG spiders and bringing them to me half dead......usually in the middle of the night, to my bed!

Would be interesting to see if my girls COULD catch a mouse though......I think Miw could as long as Mousie stayed out of her way! :lol:

dandysmom
01-03-2009, 09:17 PM
My girls haven't caught any mice as yet......and thankfully no rats! Haven't seen any in the house, so lack of opportunity I guess.

I know we did have to save a tiny vole from Miw one day last summer before she harmed it.

Mousie is more inclined to catching very BIG spiders and bringing them to me half dead......usually in the middle of the night, to my bed!

Would be interesting to see if my girls COULD catch a mouse though......I think Miw could as long as Mousie stayed out of her way! :lol:

I bet she could! Leia was born in a flat, her mum never taught her to hunt, and she's been an indoor cat ever since, but caught and dispatched the first mouse she'd ever seen ...and others since, plus the one RAT we had! I think it's hard wired in them.

Although what you've said about dear Mousie, I'm not so sure about her catching one...:-D