PDA

View Full Version : March in like a

Kazz
28-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Well its March tomorrow 3 months into the year already, so will the saying be true March comes in like a Lion goes out like a Lamb.

dandysmom
28-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Think it's going to come in like a lion here, Kazz! Prediction is for a nasty mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain starting late tonight and continuing into the morning! I plan to have a lie-in and just venture out long enough to rescue the Sunday papers!

What's it going to do in your neck of the woods?

Kazz
28-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Its mild here Eileen, so nice I was in the gadren today with teeshirt on................

PS I also had jeans on....;)

random
28-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I had shorts on today! (and a t-shirt! :lol:).

But to be fair I was doing a fair bit of digging so was well flustered! :lol:

Kazz
28-02-2009, 10:18 PM
How's the garden going Random?

random
28-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I just planted today a cherry tree and some soft fruit bushes, had those Lidl bargains!

I have the peach tree in the shed getting used to the cold first as it's been inside.

There are a few things in the borders just coming through now but they were here when I moved so not entirely sure what they are but I have kept the ones I liked and moved some about. I will have to take pics and maybe someone can inform me. :lol:

Going to get some roses this week. :mrgreen:

Not much to take pics of as of yet really but I will do as they start growing.

dandysmom
28-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Its mild here Eileen, so nice I was in the gadren today with teeshirt on................

PS I also had jeans on....;)

I had shorts on today! (and a t-shirt! :lol:).

But to be fair I was doing a fair bit of digging so was well flustered! :lol:

I have forgotten what shorts and a tee shirt feel like! Sweatpants and sweater here as usual, also long johns!! :-D

angieh
28-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Just a word of warning - Met Office forecast for next week is turning colder with night-time frosts returning .....

"Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Largely dry and bright for much of Monday, but then rain later. Turning increasingly cold and unsettled on Tuesday and Wednesday with rain or showers at times.

Updated: 1504 on Sat 28 Feb 2009

UK Outlook for Thursday 5 Mar 2009 to Saturday 14 Mar 2009:

A cold flow of air from the north or northwest will bring a mix of sunshine and showers up to and including the first weekend. The showers are likely to be most prevalent and heaviest towards the north and west, where they will often be accompanied by a fairly blustery wind. The air cold enough for the showers to be a wintry mix of hail, sleet or snow at times, although any significant accumulations of snow should be mainly confined to higher ground in the north. Into the following week the current trend is for the weather to gradually become more settled and milder from the southwest. Temperatures will be below the seasonal average at first with overnight frost and ice but will probably recover to nearer average later.

Updated: 1133 on Sat 28 Feb 2009"

ozgirl
06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I have forgotten what shorts and a tee shirt feel like! Sweatpants and sweater here as usual, also long johns!! :-D

Yep - same here! I've forgotten what 'warm' feels like - we've been TOO cold for me... and I like winter!

Well, March DID come in like a lion here near DC - I had 12 inches of snow at my house and about 5 at work (8 miles away...) - LOTS of fun though!! And because we're having a warm-up now, almost all of it's gone - '70's this weekend!! Maybe I can finally wear a t-shirt again - and open my windows!

yola
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, it's the opening of the windows that I miss! I love having fresh air in the house :D Did manage it a bit last weekend and the weekend before as it was quite warm and sunny but today, although it's bright it's bitterly cold. I don't think we've seen the last of winter here in the UK yet :roll:

dandysmom
06-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Yep - same here! I've forgotten what 'warm' feels like - we've been TOO cold for me... and I like winter!

Well, March DID come in like a lion here near DC - I had 12 inches of snow at my house and about 5 at work (8 miles away...) - LOTS of fun though!! And because we're having a warm-up now, almost all of it's gone - '70's this weekend!! Maybe I can finally wear a t-shirt again - and open my windows!

12 inches...you got socked! Officially at Reagan National it was 5.5, I think 4 1/2 to 5 in my yard. And has all melted now except a few patches in deep shade. But...my crocus and snowdrops are blooming!

I'm a Summer person...give me July and August any time!

ozgirl
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
12 inches...you got socked! Officially at Reagan National it was 5.5,

Yep - and I measured it in several places in front & back yards! It was to the top of my boots, which are 12"!!

And, of course, yesterday it was almost 80 F!!!:roll: Ah, Washington weather...