PDA

View Full Version : The time is coming

Kazz
28-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah...the time is coming.....when I can spend hours outside in the garden I have not long been in now in the dark planting up.

I am considering a greenhouse...too;)

dandysmom
28-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Greenhouse? Fab!! Sure you'd love it, think of all the things you could grow...blooming flowers, fresh veggies in the midst of the cold, snow and sleet.

calismum
28-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd love a greenhouse - it's too exposed up here. Wouldn't like to think about gales and glass.

But - just think of the advantages. Getting seedlings started off, tomatoes, other tender veg etc etc.

*green*

random
28-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I was planting in the dark too, it was only half past 6 when I came in, can't wait 'til I can 'play out' longer! :lol:

I am just very excited this year on getting the garden how I want it and then waiting for everything to grow. It's very excitinggggggggggggg! Can't wait to be sitting in the garden when it's all done.

alexgirl73
28-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I was planting in the dark too, it was only half past 6 when I came in, can't wait 'til I can 'play out' longer! :lol:

I am just very excited this year on getting the garden how I want it and then waiting for everything to grow. It's very excitinggggggggggggg! Can't wait to be sitting in the garden when it's all done.

Silly girl:lol: Don't you know it's never done lol. You will sit there, feet up, and start to think 'hmmmm, if I put a border there and ........':-D

random
28-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Silly girl:lol: Don't you know it's never done lol. You will sit there, feet up, and start to think 'hmmmm, if I put a border there and ........':-D

LOL ok when it's half done! :lol: It's just plain empty at the moment!

Kazz
28-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Alex is right mine is no where near done....I was being watched and laughed at this morning as the first thing I did was go outside in my trackie trousers and a teeshirt (I sleep in) nothing on my feet to move a pot...

Kazz
28-02-2009, 10:23 PM
LOL ok when it's half done! :lol: It's just plain empty at the moment!

Random we need pictures of the ongoing work

random
28-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I will start a thread tomorrow of the garden when I moved in and now, although I have to say it's needed to get worse before it gets better! :lol: Everything is just new and little!

calismum
28-02-2009, 10:45 PM
I take pics of mine at the same time each year so I can look at the progress (or lack)

smudgley
28-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Our garden is a terrible mess.:(
We did get it looking quite nice a couple of years ago & it's worse than ever now. It's a shame, but we have big ideas of what we want to do, yet no time to do it.
We are both keen to get out there & make a start, however I would much rather sort out the inside of our home first.
House is starting to get me down a bit, as we seem to have come to a standstill, although not for the want of trying as my poor hardworking husband never seems to stop! Anyway, I think maybe we'll grow a few bits & bobs in the garden this year & concentrate on sorting out the house & then hopefully this time next year we can have a good go in the garden. :cool:

dandysmom
28-02-2009, 11:22 PM
A garden is always a work in progress. Good idea about taking a pic every year at the same time!

random
01-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I take pics of mine at the same time each year so I can look at the progress (or lack)
That's a great idea, by the time April comes round (about the time I took a pic last year) everything will have started growing.