PDA

View Full Version : Koko's progress

smokytopaz
28-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Well its got to be good as I am in Cat Chat and not in Behaviour!:-D

She is so much more relaxed, the feliway diffuser is unplugged and it has made little difference, she remains reasonably calm for a six month old kitten.

She walks onto my knee for a treat and although she reacted to a small electric shock (not) when I touched her - I actually put my hand on her back and held it there despite wriggles - she didn't go into panic, it had reduced to 'oh please don't do that' from 'omg! death is imminent!'

She is sleeping on my bed at the moment and not under it and she when awake, follows me arround the house to see where I am and what I am doing.

She voluntarily comes onto the bed when I am there, without tempting although to be fair I still get up and shut her in a bit later, I like to get some sleep! I want her to play more in the day too rather than racket about all night.

She trusts me a little more every day. And I wanted an intelligent cat. Oh foolish me. But I love her a little more every day too.

Daft old woman me.:roll:

dandysmom
28-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Happy happy news! Big steps forward for the little girl, she's coming along. You've just brightened a gloomy day with this post!

angieh
28-02-2009, 09:27 PM
What's that song from The King and I? "Getting to Know You"..... someone else said softly softly catchee monkey. You are getting there and I am so pleased for you and Koko. Well done!

calismum
28-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Little and often gets you there. Well done to both of you.

dinahsmum
01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
It's all sounding good!
Long may it continue

Leesy
01-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I am so pleased for you both, am really glad that things are settling down for you two and that you are both building up a long awaited relationship between you both.