PDA

View Full Version : Meet Sprout

smudgley
24-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Here is Sprout. He has been hanging around a ladys house for months & months & she had got one of our traps (not that anyone knew about that, but that's another story) anyway, she used to be a CP volunteer and I spoke to her a couple of months back about this cat (and she announces she was given a trap last summer to catch him, but never did) I said if he's feral, we can't take him, but if you catch him we'll neuter him and see what he's like.... Well yesterday we got a message to say she thought he was unwell and she had trapped him, so he went to the vets but they just blood tested him & we've had him to monitor him because the lady thought he was quiet & possibly sneezing. He will let you handle him & pick him up, but he's unsure. He came to me last night and has not eaten since the lady fed him on Sunday evening. (Vets didn't feed him & he has decided not to eat here last night / today) I've not heard him sneeze at all & he appears in good health, although he stinks & he is just how you would imagine a stray Tom to be, his white bits are filthy in places. His coat is greasy & dirty, but I like the old tom cats like him. We wanted to pick a name to symbolise a grubby old man, so we came up with Sprout :-D

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/Sprout004.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/Sprout005.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/Sprout006.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/Sprout009.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/Sprout010.jpg

Kazz
24-02-2009, 09:42 PM
His name suits him down to the ground, poor old lad...one thing I would hate to come back as is an unwanted/unloved cat.

Moli
24-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Blimey! Smudgley...He is the image of the Tabby & White I am feeding and hoping to catch, even to the grumpy face!!!!
Will try and get a picture of him....
Poor boy he looks like he has been through the wars!

Elaine
24-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Poor fella, I hope he eats something soon. xxx

angieh
24-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Poor boy - come on Sprout! Things could get better for you if you'll just eat and let yourself be cared for .......

(I like the name Sprout)

random
24-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Poor lad, he doesn't look very happy at all does he? :(

Mags
24-02-2009, 10:12 PM
If you look past his matted fur and unkempt condition he really is a handsome man...

I do hope he starts to eat again soon and realises how lucky he is to be a guest at the Smudgley Mansion....:)

dandysmom
24-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Poor old fellow, hope he starts eating soon. At least he's warm and being cared for now....but he surely does look grumpy! How old do you think he is?

smudgley
24-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Poor old fellow, hope he starts eating soon. At least he's warm and being cared for now....but he surely does look grumpy! How old do you think he is?

he's not grumpy, I know he looks it, but he's actually kind & gentle. He wants me to stroke him, because although he stands very still, he half head-butts my hand to let me know he likes it. His eyes are kind & he is gentle. Unhappy yes, he's in a strange environment. He's not been handled much (certainly over the last few months) but mainly because he has chosen to always run away. But now he's confined & has nowhere to run, he quite likes being touched. Most will hiss and spit initially, but not him. Even the friendly cats will hiss at first if shut in a cat pen. Anyway, underneath his grubiness and greasy coat, I have had a good look at him and his teeth are pearly white, so although he looks rough on the outside, I actually think he is just a young adult. Maybe 18mths to 2yrs.

Moli
24-02-2009, 11:51 PM
He will come on now with your love and care, He is a lovely boy....

calismum
25-02-2009, 12:24 AM
What a lovely boy. He looks as if his coat would be gorgeous all brushed and cleaned. Hope things work out well for him.

smudgley
08-03-2009, 10:13 PM
UPDATE Sprout has now been reserved & went to his new home on Friday after being castrated.
He has settled in very well & is being totally spoilt!
He is now called Puddington. :cool:

Moli
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
UPDATE Sprout has now been reserved & went to his new home on Friday after being castrated.
He has settled in very well & is being totally spoilt!
He is now called Puddington. :cool:
Thats fantastic news, love his new name too!:D

angieh
08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
What good news. Hope Puddington settles well and enjoys being looked after.

Mags
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Wonderful news!

Good luck to Puddington (love it!! :-D) in his new home with his new family .......I hope he gets smothered with love and chin tickles to make up for what he's missed out on in the past....

smudgley
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
well on Friday evening his new owner bought him a whole cooked chicken and promtly hand fed it all to him :shock:

She is a new CP volunteer (although I have known her for a while) and has recently started doing vets trips for me & collecting cats. Her enthusiam for CP is best described as............bubbling-over :shock: She can't get enough of doing jobs for me. :-D

I just hope it lasts and she doesn't fizzle out like many helpers do...

dandysmom
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
A WHOLE COOKED CHICKEN???!!! Puddington must think he's died and gone to cat heaven! What a happy ending, Smudgley

Mags
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
She sounds just what you've been looking for Smudgley! :D

smudgley
08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
She sounds just what you've been looking for Smudgley! :D

I think she is Mags, to be honest she is just what I have been waiting for.

She was concerned on Sat when Puddington wouldn't eat his cat food, I said he won't eat it because

a) he prefers the cooked chicken & will wait & see if there's more on offer and
b) he's probably full to bursting from his chicken (I do hope it was a little one) :roll:

calismum
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
What great news - lucky boy - sounds as if he'll be spoilt rotton.

Leesy
09-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Thats great news for Puddington, hope he settles in nicely which I am sure he will do:D .