PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo! A crocus!

dandysmom
23-02-2009, 10:58 PM
The weather has been so cold I've not been in the back garden for several days...popped in after putting the trash out this afternoon and I have ONE lonely yellow crocus blooming! And the daffs are up about 6 inches! Silly to be so pleased, but it's been a long cold Winter!

Mags
23-02-2009, 11:31 PM
That's a coincidence Eileen, I also discovered a couple of my purple crocuses had come into flower today .......doesn't it brighten the day after a miserable winter! :D

angieh
24-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Not long now - I am already thinking about the day when I will be able to stick my nose in a daffodil trumpet!!!

ozgirl
09-03-2009, 05:57 PM
The weather has been so cold I've not been in the back garden for several days...popped in after putting the trash out this afternoon and I have ONE lonely yellow crocus blooming! And the daffs are up about 6 inches! Silly to be so pleased, but it's been a long cold Winter!

Wow! Yours were about a week earlier than mine! But now there are crocuses everywhere, including those little lilac wild ones - I have neighbors with hundreds of those in clumps!

dandysmom
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow! Yours were about a week earlier than mine! But now there are crocuses everywhere, including those little lilac wild ones - I have neighbors with hundreds of those in clumps!

Heat island effect in the City. My purple ones came out in the last two days, also the early daffodils, hellebores opening.