PDA

View Full Version : Dog Breeding Rant

Elaine
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
I got a call this morning from a woman wanting me to walk her Shar-pei. Not wanting to waste her time, I asked what area of Aberdeen she was in, she lives at the other end of Aberdeen which makes it impossible for me to get to the dog at the times she wants me to, so i declined the job.
Anyway she called me back this afternoon to ask if I had any other suggestions of dog walkers for her to try. We got chatting and it turns out the dog is 6 weeks old, she lives in a flat with no garden access and works full time:shock:

What responsible breeder sells a pup at 6 weeks of age to a person in a flat with no garden access? And why the hell did the woman not think about all of this before getting a puppy?

angieh
11-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh no - that poor dog.

kado
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I realy feel for him/her. What was the breeder thinking about.

meep
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
That poor wee pup :( And a shar-pie is quite a distinct breed with distinct requirements, such as cleaning between their folds, and I'm sure breathing difficulties too. If she didn't plan ahead in terms of walking the poor thing, I wonder if she researched the breed and know of these other necessary commitments?

calismum
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
it just makes your blood boil doesn't it.

I had to pass the spanish inquisition before I was even allowed to come and visit the breeder of my first puppy. Which is exactly how it should be.

Leesy
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Poor little pup hope she can get something sorted out soon for the wee little mite:( .

MBll
12-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Reputable breeders would not sell pups under 8 weeks old only backstreet breeders & puppyfarmers..........they are concerned only with making money.

kado
12-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I totaly agree with you MBll

Moli
12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Reputable breeders would not sell pups under 8 weeks old only backstreet breeders & puppyfarmers..........they are concerned only with making money.
I agree too, that poor little mite should still be with his mum and litter mates:(

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 09:11 PM
That's heartbreaking! Poor little thing ......

Elaine
12-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I was talking to another lady today who is still waiting for her KC papers for her....
wait for it...................
Labradoodle
She would not listen that her dog is a cross breed and wont have KC papers, the parents might:lol:

Then my sister tells me that a Lab' breeder told her that her dog was not a proper Lab coz she didnt have a big enough head:shock: , she went on to tell my sister that the bigger the head, the more clever they are:lol:
I can assure you all that Holly is a very clever Lab.;)

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
The amount of misinformation about cats and dogs that is out there is unbelievable! The vet column in a cat magazine I used to subscribe to had a question once asking if Persians were more intelligent than Siamese because their heads were larger (I'm not making this up, truly!). :shock: The vet explained nicely that it made no difference whatsoever ...... :roll:

Moli
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I was talking to another lady today who is still waiting for her KC papers for her....
wait for it...................
Labradoodle
She would not listen that her dog is a cross breed and wont have KC papers, the parents might:lol:

Then my sister tells me that a Lab' breeder told her that her dog was not a proper Lab coz she didnt have a big enough head:shock: , she went on to tell my sister that the bigger the head, the more clever they are:lol:
I can assure you all that Holly is a very clever Lab.;)
What a lot of B***S**T!!!!

Elaine
12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
The amount of misinformation about cats and dogs that is out there is unbelievable! The vet column in a cat magazine I used to subscribe to had a question once asking if Persians were more intelligent than Siamese because their heads were larger (I'm not making this up, truly!). :shock: The vet explained nicely that it made no difference whatsoever ...... :roll:

Crazy isnt it?;)

borderdawn
13-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Just had a row with a "friend" of mine about breeding too!! She is having a litter from her Cocker for no other reason than to sell them! She has no intention of keeping one, she doesnt "need" to be mated she is just 2yrs old and claims she breeds to further the breed!! RUBBISH, she is breeding to sell, makes me cringe!