PDA

View Full Version : Reiki Therapy for Stressed out Cats

Elaine
10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I'd just like to say that my experience of Reiki with my stressed out kitty, Eva, has been a huge success.
I would highly recomend it for those who have stressed cats or cats that stess easily.
I was very scepticle at first but since nothing else ever seemed to help her and we tried the lot, feliway, felifriend, rescue remedy, zylkene, to name a few products. None of these seemed to work.
The last 3 house sits I have been away on, Eva has been just fine, despitre me arming G with pro kolin, Hills sensitive foods etc. She hasnt needed any of them.
And as an added bonus she now poo's in the litter box at least every other day now, instead of not at all.
Will have to wait and see how the next vet visit goes but we cannt expect miracles.
In herself, she seems more relaxed and confident, less stiff in her movement while playing and not nearly as bad at beating poor Bernie up.

angieh
10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I am so glad that the Reiki has helped Eva, Elaine. I guess it's one of those things where you have to find what suits an individual but it is wonderful that she is more relaxed and doesn't fret while you are away. I bet G is relieved!

Good luck with the next vet trip.

Moli
10-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Great to hear its working for Eva Elaine, she sounds much happier within herself, and I bet Bernie is also pleased!!

Elaine
10-02-2009, 09:50 PM
She hasnt had a session since November and is doing very very well.
The most amazing thing is her recent change to start using the litter box for poo'ing in, more often than she did before.

Mags
10-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear the Reiki has helped Eva, she must feel a lot happier in herself too...

Has she finished her course now Elaine?

Elaine
10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I only need to contact Bob for another session if and when i feel she may need it. A top up call he called it;)

Leesy
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Glad to here the Reiki has helped Eva and is alot happier and relaxed, hope you don`t mind me asking but is it expensive?:)

Elaine
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Glad to here the Reiki has helped Eva and is alot happier and relaxed, hope you don`t mind me asking but is it expensive?:)

I'd imagine that prices would vary but Bob and I agreed on £20 per session, a session was for about 30 minutes as it was unrealistic to expect her to sit for more than 20 minutes at a time. I personally feel it was worth every penny and we should only see Bob now and again for top up sessions.

meep
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
That's fantastic news. I remember when they first started, and I was really interested to hear how she'd respond as I have had one reiki session before (not for anything in particular, just to see what it was like) and I definately felt an emotional release afterwards. Not through crying, as is common, but through intense laughing fits.

I'm so pleased it's worked for her and she's much calmer :)

pixiekittie
17-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I work as a Reiki therapist (for both people and their animals!), so it's lovely to hear how well Eva is doing after her treatments :)

dandysmom
17-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Having "known" Eva here from her really stressy days and how she is now, I cannot believe the transformation; well done you for persevering till you found a treatment that worked!

Elaine
19-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I work as a Reiki therapist (for both people and their animals!), so it's lovely to hear how well Eva is doing after her treatments :)

How fascinating. It really has done wonders for Eva, we even had a dog in the house last week and she dealt with it very well indeed. She doesnt beat up poor Bernie as much as she used to either.

I'd be very interested to hear about how you got into the whole reiki thing and about your experiences of treating animals.