PDA

View Full Version : Blue eyed black cats?

dandysmom
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Got to thinking about this after CM's post; I've only ever seen one. I wish I knew more about genetics. Siamese x moggy crosses frequently produce black kittens: Kate's 3 babies were all black; and Ming, the sealpoint tom who was allowed to roam had other black offspring in the neighborhood, but they all had green or yellow eyes. I thought blue eyes were recessive, and wonder how the one I saw ever got that color.
Has anyone else ever seen an all black blue eyed cat?

Leesy
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Nope I don`t think I have ever come across a black cat with blue eyes.

angieh
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Can't say I have either - I'll see if I can find out anything more.

calismum
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
No - but wouldn't it be stunning?

http://www.freewebs.com/specklestar123/Moonfire.jpg

dandysmom
09-02-2009, 11:27 PM
It was! Absolutely gorgeous cat; my Dad, who wasn't really a cat person said it was the most beautiful cat he'd ever seen!

Tina
10-02-2009, 12:17 AM
My cat, Squirt (now at the Bridge), who I had before I came to England was a gorgeous all-black cat with the bluest eyes!!!! I mentioned it on the cat page I created for the girls, but don't have a picture. Will ring up my mum (she has most of my old photo albums) and my friend in Canada who I left Squirt with and see if either of them have a pic they can send me!

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh, I'd love to see him! My breeder friends had a Siamese stud named Squirt also. Do you know his parentage?

Tina
10-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh, I'd love to see him! My breeder friends had a Siamese stud named Squirt also. Do you know his parentage?

Squirt was a HER. :lol:

I know her mother was a black moggie who got out "by accident" for about an hour! Not sure about her father though......there was a lovely blue-eyed siamese next door.....and various other neighbourhood toms.

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 02:56 AM
No - but wouldn't it be stunning?

http://www.freewebs.com/specklestar123/Moonfire.jpg

Oh, that's a gorgeous cat!

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Squirt was a HER. :lol:

I know her mother was a black moggie who got out "by accident" for about an hour! Not sure about her father though......there was a lovely blue-eyed siamese next door.....and various other neighbourhood toms.

Ooops, sorry! :oops: