PDA

View Full Version : Jeans

Tink
09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Okay ladies, who lives in jeans like I do?
Has anyone ever noticed that the sizes run dramatically differently for the brand? I went to the local thrift store this weekend and picked up three pairs and they were all three different sizes. I'm starting to get a complex here!:lol:
I guess my hips are confusing to a lot of jeans makers...anyone else have this problem?
On another note, i DID find jeans that fit me that I bought from The Disney Store that have Tinkerbell on the bottom..woo hoo! They were brand new and never worn for only fifteen dollars!
I refuse to buy jeans brand new from the mall and such...forty dollars for a pair of pants? that seems ridiculous to me!
Just wondering if anyone else has gripes about fitting into jeans and their wacky sizes..or am I the only one?:-D

CathyW
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
ive got long legs so alot of jeans just dont fit me. ankle flappers. so i have to have 34/35 inside leg. and i find that alot of different makes are different sizes. so its not just u.
i did get a pair of extra long jeans from dorothy perkins. for £14-00 they where 1/2 price. im so pleased with them :)

calismum
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Proportionatly I have a small waist and find it hard to get jeans that fit well. I'm with you on sizes I can vary over two, sometimes three as well. I find levi fit best. But I do think twice about the prices. I can't remember last time I wore skirt - probably to a wedding about three years ago.

Jeans at home and smart trousers for work.

dandysmom
09-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I live in jeans, and have problems. I like the slim fit narrow leg jeans, but I have a thick waist; do NOT have a big butt or heavy thighs; so to get a fit at the waist I end up with jeans that are baggy in the seat with too floppy legs! Absolutely hate it that no brand I've ever tried will really fit me. If I ever win that $100,000 that Kazz was asking about I'll go to a tailor and have custom made ones!

Tink
09-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm finding that the ones that fit my hips do not fit my legs or butt..so it fits on top and then the crotch is hanging down halfway to my knees! i guess i have big hips:roll:
if i get something that fits my legs then i am busting out of it on top..grrr. i don't really have skinny legs either but i guess i'm just not proportioned right.
oh and i'm short (5'2 at best)...so everything drags on the ground unless i hem it:roll:
makes you wonder what body type they shape the jeans after?

dandysmom
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm only 5'1" Tink, so have to order petites. I guess a lot of us aren't the shape they're designing jeans for!

calismum
10-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm 5'4, and find most jeans now are short, medium and long lengths. Short is too short, medium is too long! Legs either too loose or too tight.

Hey, we could make a fortune seting up a 'jeans that fit real women' store.

Leesy
10-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I love jeans and wear them all the time, but I hate going jeans shopping it can take all day to find any pair that I like or I feel fit right, it dosen`t help that I have put some weight on over Crimbo that I need to shift LOL:lol:

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm 5'4, and find most jeans now are short, medium and long lengths. Short is too short, medium is too long! Legs either too loose or too tight.

Hey, we could make a fortune seting up a 'jeans that fit real women' store.

Some of the petites are too long! There should be an opportunity out there for a manufacturer who knows that women really do come in different sizes and shapes! And who would gladly pay for jeans that FIT!

Tink
10-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Yes, DM the petites are many times too long for me..I would gladly pay more for something that fits properly! We are not mannequins!

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Yes, DM the petites are many times too long for me..I would gladly pay more for something that fits properly! We are not mannequins!

I don't have a sewing machine or your talent for sewing, so I just end up rolling the jeans at the bottom...I would so love to get jeans that FIT!

calismum
10-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Had this discussion at work today and out of 7 females only 1 said she could get good fit. (5' 8" and size 8/10) the rest are in total agreement with us that jeans manufacturers obviously are all men and don't ever see real women.

angieh
10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I used to love wearing jeans, but don't anymore.

Moli
10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I could never get Jeans to fit me, either the backside was too big, or they were not long enough in the leg, then discovered Lee Cooper girls slim fit boot leg, they fit perfectly....

Tink
10-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Had this discussion at work today and out of 7 females only 1 said she could get good fit. (5' 8" and size 8/10) the rest are in total agreement with us that jeans manufacturers obviously are all men and don't ever see real women.

See? It's a conspiracy!!:lol:
The singer Beyonce has made a brand of jeans that are supposed to be for women with hips like her but I'm yet to try them as they are WAY too expensive for my budget.

CathyW
22-05-2009, 09:01 PM
my catalogue littlewoods online. do a range of jeans for us tall ladies. called tall kitty. i bought a black pair of flared jeans. and they fit a dream. 23-00 not bad price either. inside leg 35"
so im realy happy now :)

dandysmom
22-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I recently got a pair of black jeans from Blair.com that ALMOST fit! the seat isn't as baggy as usual nor the legs, and they were on sale for $14.95! Oh, and if I roll them at the waist they're not too long either.

But black attracts cat hair like a magnet....

Moli
22-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I have had problems for years with Jeans,tried all kindsCould never get one to fit my hips and the right length, I am a funny shape!!!, but found Lee Cooper girls Jeans fit me perfectly....

dandysmom
22-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't know if all of us are a funny shape, but I do know that almost everyone isn't the shape the designers are designing for! It's not us, it's them!!

Moli
22-05-2009, 09:37 PM
These designers seem to think all women are curvy, I am not, very slim hips, resulting with most jeans being far too baggy round the bum on me...

dandysmom
22-05-2009, 09:48 PM
My waist is where I'm thick, but have a rather flat butt and slim legs and thighs, so it's almost impossible to get a halfway decent fit, especially as I like the close fitting legs, the ones I just got are the closest to fitting I've found, but the legs could be slimmer .......

Moli
22-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I wear the stretch ones Eileen, find they fit your legs much better...

random
23-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I live in jeans too and at 5ft2" they are usually trailing on the floor....

calismum
23-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Slim waist, round bum, thighs are heavier than I'd like - so either they are too baggy on the waist, too tight on the thigh. and in all cases bat about on my calfs. Of course they're either too short or too long.

pookyandjo
23-05-2009, 02:38 PM
I live in jeans...used to have problems getting them to fit... i have high hips and not much of a waist... so womens jeans would tend to cut me in half... so i started wearing mens levis.... FABULOUS fit... but the lat couple of years since they have brought the lower cut jeans in for women i have reverted to womens ones... at size 10 and 5'8" i dont usually have too much of a problem getting them to fit although i usually buy jeans in the USA... mainly because they are FAR cheaper... a pair of Levi's here are approx AU$150 .. you can get them in the states for around US$30.. so even with the exchange rate it's still far cheaper...i also really like GAP jeans.... of course we dont have those in Australia so that's another thing i will buy in the US

dandysmom
23-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I'd thought about trying men's jeans, but never could quite figure out the inseam length they ask you to supply......and I wonder if they make sizes that would fit a short (5'1") woman.