PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe it

Mistleto's-mum
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Tuesday Mistleto, Peanut & Mummy cat were going to the vets to be spayed but Mistleto came in to season last night so she is going to be spayed on the 24th now.
I really want it to be over but oh well thats how it goes sometimes

xx

dandysmom
07-02-2009, 05:45 PM
That happened to me also...Misty was due for her op in the coming week, and came into heat over the weekend!! :shock: Rolling, calling, and acting like a little Jezebel!

They certainly have good timing, don't they?! :-D

Mistleto's-mum
07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah they do have good timing :D

I just wanted to get it over and done with if you know what i mean

xx

angieh
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, quite understand. Doors and windows locked until then - poor Mistleto!

Mistleto's-mum
07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Mistleto is a indoor cat and the boys are 'fixed' so no chance of kittens :D

Leesy
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
At what age do female cats come into season and what is the best age to get them spayed?:D
Just wondering for Maisy.

dandysmom
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Most vets recommend at 5 to 8 months. Earlier spaying is more common here in the States, I believe. Misty went into heat at 5 months.

Leesy
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for that DM, didn`t realise that they came into heat that early:shock:.

Mistleto's-mum
12-02-2009, 02:46 AM
At what age do female cats come into season and what is the best age to get them spayed?:D
Just wondering for Maisy.

It really depends on the cat, some come in to season at 6 months but saying that jasmine is 3 and she didn't come in to season til she was 2!!!

Leesy
12-02-2009, 09:48 AM
It really depends on the cat, some come in to season at 6 months but saying that jasmine is 3 and she didn't come in to season til she was 2!!!

So really they can come into season at any age, would it be better to let Maisy have a season and then get her spayed, there is no risk of her getting pregnant as she does not go out on her own and Maxi has been done.:)

Tina
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd be inclined to try and get her spayed before she has a season, Leesy. The problem with waiting till she has a season is that once it starts, it's more difficult to try to get the timing right to get her in for the spaying before the next season.

We had Miw spayed at 5 months before she had a season. We were going to have Mouse spayed at 9 months......but then she came into season at 6 months, and we couldn't get the timing right to get her spayed because she was coming into season every 3 weeks! LOL! Spaying Mouse isn't an option now, with her illness.......but oh I wish we had it done before she got sick! Still in season every 3 weeks, and I SWEAR she must have some siamese in here.....the noise!!!!! :shock:

Maisy may well end up being like Mousie and coming into season every 3 weeks ALL year......best to get it done sooner! :lol:

Leesy
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Tina, I will have to make a decision soon then as she is 5mths old now :roll:

mattde
12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I have my two booked in for the 20th of this month, they will be 27 weeks old then.
fingers crossed I catch it in the nick of time.

:)

Mistleto's-mum
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
So really they can come into season at any age, would it be better to let Maisy have a season and then get her spayed, there is no risk of her getting pregnant as she does not go out on her own and Maxi has been done.:)

I would try to get her spayed asap as like tina said once they come into seeason its very difficult to get the timing right lol
xx

Mistleto's-mum
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I have my two booked in for the 20th of this month, they will be 27 weeks old then.
fingers crossed I catch it in the nick of time.

:)

Good luck for the 20th, mine go in 4 days after yours lol

xx

dandysmom
12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I lucked out with Misty; the vet I was seeing then was a small one man practice so I was able to get her in before she had her next heat, thank goodness. Both Patches and Leia were spayed when I got them, so I've only had the one experience of heat. That was enough....the rolling and calling!!!! Poor Sultan didn't know what to make of his little pal acting so strangely and coming on to him!