PDA

View Full Version : Ms Picky is mellowing!

dandysmom
05-02-2009, 05:42 PM
As some of you know, Leia is a picky eater; she has always refused to eat what she considers "people food". So she never enjoyed the treats I've always given my other cats: cheese, tuna, ham, chicken, shrimp..:(

Well, last year she decided ham was OK, Not just OK, but good. Now, she astounded me last week by eating a few bits of roast chicken with apparent pleasure, and last night she actually ate a little bit of people tuna! I couldn't believe it! :shock:

Cheese, all varieties, and shrimp are still no-nos. :roll:

Maybe it's her age, she'll be 10 in March. Thought this might amuse you.

angieh
05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Ah .......... Welcome to the world of Treats, Your Highness!

Moli
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Maybe she has realised what she has been missing Eileen....Never known a cat to refuse cheese though...

Mags
05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
You'll get no peace now that she's been introduced to treats, Eileen! :lol:

dandysmom
05-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I've had seven cats over the ears, eight counting Onyx, and every one of them but the Princess loved cheese ... all kinds, cheddar, port salut, swiss, cream cheese, borsin....

Leia still says "Yuck!". Strange little puss..

calismum
05-02-2009, 10:36 PM
She just proves that she is, indeed, unique!!!!

dandysmom
05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
What a lovely way to put it!

Leesy
05-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I have never tried mine with cheese, didn`t think they would beable to eat it with it being dairy:oops: .

dandysmom
05-02-2009, 10:59 PM
None of mine were lactose intolerant, most of them just stopped drinking milk as they grew out of kittenhood. Misty and Patches loved milk till they went to the Bridge at advanced ages. And all adored cheese!

Natalie
06-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Maybe Leia is losing her taste buds in her senior years :-D

How wonderful for her to enjoy some people treats? Merlin is rather partial to mashed potato!

Moli
06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
My Casper goes daft if he smells curry, but it has to be from the Chinese, not home made....Although he gets a taste from the end of my finger and that is all....

Leesy
06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Always wary of giving my 2 anything like that because of Maxi`s colitus, feel abit sorry for them as Maisy misses out because I can`t give one without the other as it dosen`t seem fair.

Tink
06-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the world of treats! :-)
I wish Kuan Yin was a little more picky..she likes spaghetti o's a lot but is always trying to get into donuts, candy canes, pop tarts, anything sweet which is a big no no and she knows it, LOL. She's literally ripped pieces of food off from my hand as I was eating it...sandwiches, anything in this house she deems as hers LOL.
She does like ham a lot though, I found that out with Christmas leftovers on accident (she stole it from me).

dandysmom
06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
My Casper goes daft if he smells curry, but it has to be from the Chinese, not home made....Although he gets a taste from the end of my finger and that is all....

My Siamese loved curry, even ate some of the rice! I let him have at least a largish tablespoon full, and it never bothered him.....

dandysmom
06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the world of treats! :-)
I wish Kuan Yin was a little more picky..she likes spaghetti o's a lot but is always trying to get into donuts, candy canes, pop tarts, anything sweet which is a big no no and she knows it, LOL. She's literally ripped pieces of food off from my hand as I was eating it...sandwiches, anything in this house she deems as hers LOL.
She does like ham a lot though, I found that out with Christmas leftovers on accident (she stole it from me).

Lol! Shall I ask Leia to have a little chat with Kuan Yin?

meep
06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Leia is so very much like Minsky. Whenever he hears me getting something out of the fridge he runs over eager-eyed, but once he sniffs whatever I offer him, wrinkles his nose in disgust and stalks off. The only thing he does like that's "human food" is tinned tuna :roll: But hurrah for Leia! Or is it hurrah?! Now she might start trying to steal things off your plate, much like Darcy ;)

dinahsmum
06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
My Siamese loved the exotic things - curry, bought or made, spag bol - in fact any kind of pasta and sauce, or plain pasta, mayonnaise - you name it.
I've never met a cat that didn't like prawns (shrimp) - Leia is unique!

dandysmom
06-02-2009, 05:03 PM
My Siamese loved the exotic things - curry, bought or made, spag bol - in fact any kind of pasta and sauce, or plain pasta, mayonnaise - you name it.
I've never met a cat that didn't like prawns (shrimp) - Leia is unique!

She also scorns lobster, swordfish, trout and crab meat! :shock: :roll:

angieh
06-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone else got a cat who likes fruit yoghurt?

dandysmom
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
No idea, as I don't like yoghurt have never had any in the house ........

calismum
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone else got a cat who likes fruit yoghurt?

Me - Kinsi, so far has refused nothing!!! Even bits of grape, cucumber and tomato.

Alfie is much more fussy inasmuch he doesn't like 'odd' things.

Also I'd say Kinsi is much more a fish cat whilst Alfie is a meat one. Although both will eat either fish or meat.

angieh
06-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Dear little Kinsi - think we must be due some more pictures CM!?

calismum
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Dear little Kinsi - think we must be due some more pictures CM!?

Oh - I could be forced :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just about to sign off for the night - pampering evening.

Will post some tomorrow. If it's dry I'm going to let her out for her first time ever, so might make some good shots. (truth be known I'm scared s******s :oops: )

Phoenix
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Beauty used to think tuna and other people food were OK, Dylan doesn't like tuna, but loves other fishy things, chicken, turkey and has convinced himself he'll like bananas :oops: :? :roll:

pinklizzy
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Imogen likes banana yoghurt :roll: OH gives it to her from his finger, she also loves cheese. Kindly has four different kinds of tablets every night, all in cheese and now runs to sit by the fridge after her last walk, ready for her 'treats'. Being the smart cookie that she is, Imogen has figured this out and lines up alongside :lol:
Because I cannot stand fish or any seafood, we don't have it in the house, although I'm sure Imogen would love it-I'm such a cruel mother. :oops: