PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal ?

Phil
02-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Hi eveybody

Just popped over from Dogsey to ask a question.

Just a reminder I have 4 cats - Chippy (14 year old small tabby girl) Murphy (13 year old black brute boy) Bramble (12 year old gentle tortie girl) and Paddy ( 12 year old Black and White boy hunter)

Anyway - The girls (Chippy & Bramble) have often found themselves 'trapped' by Moo moo (the British Blue girl next door).

Moo moo will stop my girls from coming home and give them a swipe if they try to pass.

The last few days have made me chuckle as somehow the girls have got Murphy and Paddy 'recruited'

Whenever the girls get pinned down by Moo moo, Paddy and Murphy go outside and wait by the corner. They then 'meow' and the girls run home with Moo moo in hot pursuit. As soon as they reach the corner the girls stop and Moo moo is faced with heavy mob :lol:

It's like all 4 of my cats are working together to teach her a lesson.

I've watched it time and time again and it amazes me.

Do anybody elses cats join forces like this ?

PS

As I'm not a regular I'll show you the gang....

Bramble(the lady)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/1676391613_8e3cede867_b.jpg

Chippy (the mini cat)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/1677237786_68834811e8_b.jpg

Paddy(The Hunter)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2385/1677239896_59bfd8452f_b.jpg

Murphy (the brute)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2787492053_3abacc139b_b.jpg

Leesy
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
What a great looking bunch of cats, love the markings on Paddy, I think its great that they have joined forces on Moo moo, although I have never personally encounterd this behavour as my 2 are indoor cats I believe this does happen and they will look out for each other.:D

angieh
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
I've never experienced this sort of behaviour Phil - need someone with multi-cats to comment. Love the pictures of your "gang" - glad they are sticking together to look after each other, sounds as if they have bonded well.

Mags
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I've never experienced this either but how lovely that your girls have their own bodyguards!:lol: Let's hope Moo moo (great name!) will soon take the hint!

Great pics of your cats once again Phil!:D

dandysmom
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I've never had that happen either, as mine are/were indoors only, but love the story!

Elaine
04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Never experienced it either but I think they are fantastic for doing it:lol:
Nice to see them all again:D

janey83
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Never come across that. Maybe try and video it next time, should be good to watch.

Phil
24-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Never come across that. Maybe try and video it next time, should be good to watch.

watch this space.....

Kazz
24-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Hiya Phil

Welcome to Catsey, I never knew you had cats and beautiful ones at that...are you staying....?? your pictures are great as always by the way.

Regards to the "teaming together" Yeap I've seen it and experienced it with my two oldies too...I wonder if its soemthing that come about with the close bond they have a they get older like married couples reading each others minds...
Anyhow mine was with Oscar and Cleo bother and sister Cleo was like your Chippy and small cat her brother Oscar was at least 1/2 again her size and weight...he was the street thug...in his youth..but still nbothered in his twilight years. There was a Tom cat who took to attacking Cleo and she screamed, but I don't think he hurt her (scaredher yes)
Anyhow after a while (this wasn't regular as the cat was a unneuured Tom who came and went)

And anyhow one day Oz was asleep on the bed and Cleo ran inside....next thing you know O is down the stairs...and on the cat like a demented soul....thats the last time the Tom bothered Cleo in fact he used to travel as far from my garden as he could and once was spotted avoiding Cleo by keeping close to the wall Cleo of course went back to her fav sleeping place in the sun....confident Oz would protect her.

Mind you she also had the dogs to protect her too if she stayed in the confines of the garden...but she didn't over the walks garden was her desired sleeping spot.

Mistleto's-mum
24-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh my what beautiful cat's you have.
I can't really comment as my cats are indoor cats :D

Luke
24-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes they do hear, cept for its William the nancy boy who's always getting beat up by other cats, and Maxwell and Clementine wade in like part of the sopranos.
All three however, patrol the "perimeters" of the house and garden threatningly in waning to other cats, its like living in fort knox :)

catwoman999
24-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I think this is enchanting that your boys are acting as boncers for your girls... :D
I have INDOOR cats, so have never seen this type of behaviour!
As an other poster said, you should video/mobile phone cam this, and post it on Youtube. You could make a fortune and get on the telly with clips like that!!!! :shock:

Moli
24-08-2009, 01:38 PM
All my 5 boys tend to stick up her each other when in the garden............apart from Merlin..who first sign of trouble..runs and hides..

kado
24-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes all mine do. They stalk the shop and if one gets harrased my another cat they go up to help. They even do it with dogs especially Maisey. We hadnt had her long she was out with all the others when i went to take my neighbours chocolate labrador for a walk. I didnt get passed the drive before she arched her back and dived at her she caught her nose. The poor dog now is scared stiff off our cats now and crosses the road if she see's any of them. Love to see the video

random
24-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Mine usually team up against the dogs. :lol:

Moli
24-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Mine usually team up against the dogs. :lol:
Merlin is a master at giving the dogs thick ears, he sits in front of them, smack round each ear them walks off..Poor dogs haven't even done anything...:roll: :lol:

random
24-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Merlin is a master at giving the dogs thick ears, he sits in front of them, smack round each ear them walks off..Poor dogs haven't even done anything...:roll: :lol:

If someone knocks the door and mine start barking they get a clip off any one of the girls for it, they don't like the dogs barking at all! "SHUT UP!" *smack* works though! :lol:

John
24-08-2009, 10:03 PM
My friends have a springer spaniel likes to sit in the chair by the window..Alfie the cat comes in walks up to the chair. looks at the dog .as tho to say. make friends with the carpet, dog jumps down. Alfie the cat gets the chair..so funny to watch..

Phil
25-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Hiya Phil

Welcome to Catsey, I never knew you had cats and beautiful ones at that...are you staying....?? your pictures are great as always by the way.

Regards to the "teaming together" Yeap I've seen it and experienced it with my two oldies too...I wonder if its soemthing that come about with the close bond they have a they get older like married couples reading each others minds...
Anyhow mine was with Oscar and Cleo bother and sister Cleo was like your Chippy and small cat her brother Oscar was at least 1/2 again her size and weight...he was the street thug...in his youth..but still nbothered in his twilight years. There was a Tom cat who took to attacking Cleo and she screamed, but I don't think he hurt her (scaredher yes)
Anyhow after a while (this wasn't regular as the cat was a unneuured Tom who came and went)

And anyhow one day Oz was asleep on the bed and Cleo ran inside....next thing you know O is down the stairs...and on the cat like a demented soul....thats the last time the Tom bothered Cleo in fact he used to travel as far from my garden as he could and once was spotted avoiding Cleo by keeping close to the wall Cleo of course went back to her fav sleeping place in the sun....confident Oz would protect her.

Mind you she also had the dogs to protect her too if she stayed in the confines of the garden...but she didn't over the walks garden was her desired sleeping spot.

The dog thing is a good point.

Although the 'girls run home to lead their chasers to the boys - I just wonder if it's perhaps the dogs that they're employing :D It could be that they know that it's a dog zone which they themselves are safe in ???