PDA

View Full Version : Slimming Club Week 5

Natalie
28-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Come on members, where are you?

I have lost 1lb this week. Wished it was more obviously but its coming off slowly and the main thing its coming off. Still on target for my total weight loss for June 1st.

The past 7 days I have been on nights so body clock is all over the place. Not eaten properly and not exercised as I would have liked.

I'm starting running again (slowly) this afternoon so we shall see if that boosts my loss for next week.

So how are we all getting on then?

smudgley
28-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,
I haven't been putting my weight loss into the threads :? But am still on track & doing the excercise / diet. Not weighed myself for ages though. Will have a weigh in and post weight.

calismum
28-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I stayed the same this week :( :( :(

I think due to being on hol last week and being influenced by other peoples eating habits (naming no names, OH!)

Tink
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I think I would like to join this thread if we're still doing it! :-)

calismum
09-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Tink - was just thinking earlier to post if we were still doing this - please do join in.

my update is another 1lb off this week. That makes 4lbs in 5 weeks, not great as I have at least 24 more to go!! But hey, slow and steady huh.

What will your aim be?

Tink
10-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I want to lose 15 lbs.
I have no idea what I weigh because I don't own a scale..but going by my jeans size I am probably around 130-135 lbs.(??). I'm only 5'2 at best.
I don't exercise much but I have been watching my diet the last few weeks and have noticed my pants getting looser..I detest exercise but am definitely motivated to eat more healthily!

calismum
10-02-2009, 12:25 AM
How your clothes fit is as good a guide as any. I want to be able to fit into loads that I have in the wardrobe. Not really bothered by the final weight, just that they fit.

It's good to get a bit of support and encouragement here.

Tink
10-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Yes I basically want to fit comfortably into a size 4 or 6 again in my pants.

calismum
10-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Not sure what that is in uk sizes but I'm aiming for 12/14

Tink
10-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Not sure what that is in uk sizes but I'm aiming for 12/14
i *believe* that's something like a 10/12 or maybe even an 8 in the U.S. (just going off what a UK friend told me once)
would be interesting to know what the size differences are for sure!

Tink
10-02-2009, 01:21 AM
found it

http://www.vidaamericana.com/english/sizechart.html

dandysmom
10-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Eeeek! My UK size is larger than my US size! I feel short, fat and dumpy!

Tink
10-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Eeeek! My UK size is larger than my US size! I feel short, fat and dumpy!

Same here!!!!

meep
06-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Could I suggest something that I found has worked for me. I've no personally been 'slimming', just trying to get fitter and more active.

This time last year I would go to the gym 4 times a week, doing aerobic exercise and classes (step, boxfit, hi-lo aerobics etc.)

Now I do 2 classes of muscle tone a week, and one core balls. These are not aerobic and don't really create that same breathless feeling or sweatiness; but they have done me the world of good! I know only do 2 days aerobic and 3 days muscle training (take a day between muscle training, so I do Mon, Wed, Fri, and be sure to take two full days off for recovery!) And, unintentionally, I've lost more body fat that I ever did doing 5 days cardio.

The more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn. And muscle gives shape and tones. I also eat scrambled egg and toast for breakfast every morning which I find really fills me up, and helps repair the muscle after workouts.

Also, eating more often in smaller portions will keep your metabolism going faster and again help burn more fat.

I just wanted to share this as I was amazed at how much fat I've lost and how much muscle definition I've gained by dropping down cardio (although still keeping it in there!) and introducing one hour of weights training 3 days a week. I go to a muscle tone class, rather than a weights room; the instructors and fantastic!