PDA

View Full Version : Koko's first 14 days

smokytopaz
27-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Well she has been in the house for fourteen days. She only comes out about 10.30 or 11.00 when the house is quiet and I am watching tv in bed.

She eats, she uses her litter tray. She will sit in my bedroom doorway and watch me, last night I didn't look at her, made small scratchy noises with my nails and she trotted into the room to investigate. Not as far as getting onto the bed - yet.

She plays on the floor in my room when I am sleeping (or trying to) there are other areas she could go in.

I want to know what foods do your cats find irresistable? Maybe that should be a thread on its own. If I find Koko's dream taste I will have her little heart in the palm of my hand!! Dream on!

dandysmom
27-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Softly softly catchee monkey! She's coming around, albeit slowly. Food is a good idea: ham is usually irresistible, cheese, prawns, roast chicken, sardines......

smokytopaz
27-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks Eileen.. you are right. Each of my past cats has had individual irresistable munchies. Frankie (seal point siamese) adored green chillis. Put a hot jalepeno pepper on the kitchen floor and he played and threw it about and chased it. Right up until he was an old man! I think it was because they bit back!

dandysmom
27-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Lol, my seal point boy loved olives! But spit out the pimiento. Misty would kill for cheddar and loved salmon; and my Aby boy liked, of all weird things, a bit of Brazil nut .....awful thing to give a cat, but he liked a wee bit of one. A green bean makes a good cat toy too! Love the thought of your Frankie and the jalapeno!

Leesy
28-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Maxi and Maisy both adore the James Wellbeloved fishy treats they will do anything for a couple of them.:D