PDA

View Full Version : Blue tongue vaccine.

farthing
27-01-2009, 08:15 PM
For those who own ruminants, and live in Scotland, have you had your animals vaccinated yet. Ours are being done on Thursday next week. I've been told that although sheep only need the one, goats, cows and deer need a follow up vaccine a month later.
Just wonder how much it will cost!

calismum
28-01-2009, 12:18 AM
We are doing our ewes next week and then the boys and hoggs the week after. We reckon it will cost us around 40p per animal. But it will take us 2 days to do the ewes.

Do you have cows, goats and deer farthing?

farthing
28-01-2009, 12:24 AM
No, we only have 10 sheep and 11 goats, I was jsut surprised the goats were like cows and deer, instead of sheep. 40p doesn't sound bad at all, but it will be interesting to see if it cost more for small scale owners.

Its going to be a busy month as we have 2 horse vaccines, 3 dog vaccines, 1 cat vaccine, 12 rabbit myxi vaccines and now 21 blue tongue- I might just scare the vet and get them all done in one visit!:lol:

calismum
28-01-2009, 08:00 PM
No, we only have 10 sheep and 11 goats, I was jsut surprised the goats were like cows and deer, instead of sheep. 40p doesn't sound bad at all, but it will be interesting to see if it cost more for small scale owners.

Its going to be a busy month as we have 2 horse vaccines, 3 dog vaccines, 1 cat vaccine, 12 rabbit myxi vaccines and now 21 blue tongue- I might just scare the vet and get them all done in one visit!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: