PDA

View Full Version : First cat show

mattde
26-01-2009, 05:13 PM
We took Myrtle to her first cat show yesterday.
It was only down the road so we thought it would be prefect. I had never been to a cat show before never mind showed a cat.

First impressions where "oh my god weird cat people"
I think of myself as a cat person , not that weird tho.
I had been warned about this so expected it. You know the sort of people that know everything and wont let you get word in. I was nicely surprised meeting a fair few other cat breeders.

I met a lovley lady who breeds Burmilla cats , and a another lovely lady who breeds Sphynx cats. I wanted to take one of the Burmillas home with me, Even the OH liked it.
I saw plenty of huge Maine Coons and some famous breeders.

Myrtle went into the Kitten group and she got an EX 3 , number one went to one of the best maine coons of the show and number two went to a little grey mainecoon with a slightly better muzzle than Myrtles. "so they say :lol: "

Well all in all it was a good show, happy to get an EX for little Myrtle. When her Muzzle matures a bit I might show her again. I would like to take both cats next time, not in a big rush to do another show tho as all this waiting round and caged cats wasn't my thing.

let me out

http://www.debougegallery.co.uk/Images/Kittens/catshow/letmeout.jpg

Cell C4

http://www.debougegallery.co.uk/Images/Kittens/catshow/caged.jpg

:)

dandysmom
26-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Love her expression in that first pic! Congrats to her; hope she got some treats for being a good girl at the show.

angieh
26-01-2009, 05:47 PM
What an experience for you all - well done Myrtle!

Leesy
26-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Well done :smt041, you and Myrtle have done really well, bet you are really pleased and proud of her.:D
How did Myrtle cope with being in the cage?
Did she appear to like it?

yola
26-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Well done, Myrtle got a rossette!! She looks very relaxed; mine would be trying to eat their way out of the cage faced with the same situation ;)

I think any place that is so intensely-focused will get its fair share of passionate people; cat showing is probably no different . . . glad you 'kind of' enjoyed it. :-D

calismum
26-01-2009, 09:23 PM
well done to Myrtle. She looks v laid back. Good to see they gave her a rossie that matches her coat!!