PDA

View Full Version : Kong Zoom Groom

angieh
26-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Merlin received one of these from his Secret Santa and has shown interest in it and likes to lick it. I have recently noticed that his fur is getting dull and he is not taking as much trouble with his grooming as he used to, so this morning I got the Zoom Groom and sat on the sofa. Merlin jumped up onto my lap and I began to stroke him with the plain side of the Groom, then offered it to him - he licked it enthusiastically and then I stroked him with it again. This went on until he seemed to have had enough and climbed onto the arm of the sofa, so I stopped - but no, he just turned around so that we could do his other side!!! I was amazed - it seems that he realised that he could clean himself with my help. He is beginning to moult a little already.

I am going to try again tomorrow and see if this is a habit he has a liking for!

pinklizzy
26-01-2009, 03:03 PM
How nice that he's enjoying the Zoom Groom! We use them quite often on our in-patients and they all seem to love them, although Imogen has one but she really dislikes it :(
I think we need to see some pictures of the lovely Merlin enjoying his grooming! ;)

meep
26-01-2009, 03:28 PM
That's such a lovely thing to hear Angie, clever Merlin for licking the Zoom Groom and then turning round for you. Bless him!

yola
26-01-2009, 03:52 PM
That paints such a lovely picture . . . Merlin turning around so you could groom his other side. Bless the old fella :D

*sigh* if only mine were like that and didn't try to remove the fingers from my hand when I start grooming them :roll:

Moli
26-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Bless him....he loves being brushed.....all minelove the furminater, until we get to the trouser legs, then for some reason they hate it!!!

dandysmom
26-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Bless him....he loves being brushed.....all minelove the furminater, until we get to the trouser legs, then for some reason they hate it!!!

Exactly the same here, Moli! Touch not the trousers!

Angie, what a lovely description of dear Merlin!

Leesy
26-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Glad Merlin luvvvvvvvvvvs his Zoom Groom,both mine luvvvvvvv to be groomed,it sounds like fun think that I will have to invest in one and give it a whirl:-D

angieh
26-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Merlin certainly loves it ..... still have no idea which kind Secret Santa bought it for him, but he really does love it ...... :D :D :D