PDA

View Full Version : Saw this in local paper this week

random
25-01-2009, 11:49 AM
3 Pedigree Siamese cats free to good home, each comes with all accessories, must go asap.

How sad, I hope they don't end up in the wrong hands. My concern is that anyone could get them and see a profit to be made by then selling them. So many cats and dogs, both babies and adults in the papers lately. :(

Moli
25-01-2009, 11:51 AM
How awful, really hope they vet the new owners.......No cat should be given away like that, moggy or pedigree!!!!

random
25-01-2009, 11:55 AM
There are so many Moli, I have never seen so many 'free to good home' ads, it's very sad, all these poor animals being shipped out to the first taker. :(

Kazz
25-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Aggghhhh I knew I should not have read this thread.....I hate things like this why I don't get the free papers........it breaks my heart.

Elaine
25-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Me too Kazz. Very very sad indeed.

random
25-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Kazz I stopped getting the local paper too because of this, I used to have it delivered but for some reason I can't help but look in the classifieds in the back and end up upsetting myself, but we had went to visit my brother in Newcastle on the train and my mum brought a paper and I just had to look didn;t I? I can just imagine someone seeing that especially with the Siamese and having pound signs in their eyes, especially now when a lot of people are hard up. I hope to God they got a got a good and loving home. I just worry too much.

Moli
25-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I am the same, always have a look at the classified and wish I hadn't......:(

dandysmom
25-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Heartbreaking, isn't it?

Kim
25-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Kazz I stopped getting the local paper too because of this, I used to have it delivered but for some reason I can't help but look in the classifieds in the back and end up upsetting myself, but we had went to visit my brother in Newcastle on the train and my mum brought a paper and I just had to look didn;t I? I can just imagine someone seeing that especially with the Siamese and having pound signs in their eyes, especially now when a lot of people are hard up. I hope to God they got a got a good and loving home. I just worry too much.

I agree random. So sad.:(

cats' staff
25-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I agree that it isn't ideal but at least these owners are trying and haven't just dumped the poor animals. A rescue centre would be the best choice but so many of them are full at the moment that it must be difficult if you REALLY need to rehome a pet. I'm not condoning it but I think life is difficult for lots of people at the moment and do respect them for not taking the dumping option.