PDA

View Full Version : Ok just one more question

carternm31
22-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Ok I have another question, and dont worry I am including your answers in my course as extractions from 'real peoples answers' rather than making it lok like I read it out of a book, as I feel this gives a more accurate response and hopefully my tutor will see this too.

So my second question is:

How would you expect your cat to be looked after if you dropped them off with a pet sitter? and how would you like your cat to be looked after if they came into your home?

Phoenix
22-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd want Dylan to be fed twice a day, stroked as much as he decided he wanted and generally spoilt attention wise, for both questions.

angieh
22-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I have actually employed a lady in the past to come in and look after my cats for a week when I was away and my usual friend couldn't help out. I haven't taken my cats to a pet sitter and they have never been to a cattery.

The lady was asked to look after 2 cats and various chickens. She came around to my home and obviously I showed her where the cat and chicken food was kept - all practical things were covered then. I had not met the woman before and took a risk really that all would be well. I asked her to visit twice a day to feed cats, change their water and fill the chickens food hopper and water dispenser and let them out. In the evenings she came again to feed the cats and to shut the chickens up for the night and take in the food and water so as not to attract vermin.

My cats were much younger then and were outdoor cats, so really did only need their usual food put down. I believed that they would be fine so long as they had food and were left in their usual environment, rather than being put into a cattery.

She was a calm woman who handled the animals appropriately. All was well on my return.

Hope this helps.

Elaine
22-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I h never used a cattery or a pet sitter, I am fortunate enough to have the cactus look after my babes.

Speaking as a pet sitter though, when i go to meet potential clients, I take my disclosure Scotland form, so that they can see that I have no criminal record, my insurance document and a couple of references from clients. I talk with them about their needs and their cat/s needs, also the personality of the cat/s. I chat to them about my own cats and my own experiences with cats.

If I were to get a pet sitter myself, then I'd expect them to do the same.

dandysmom
22-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Mine have never been to a pet sitter. I'd expect a sitter to feed the food I'd set out for Leia twice daily, change the litter, and be sure there was fresh water. I'd give her a list of numbers: my vets (who's also the emergency vet), and my number to be contacted if anything were amiss at all. As my cat doesn't like strangers, I'd not expect her to play or interact with my cat, but I'd like her to speak soothingly to her while she was feeding, etc. Hope this will be helpful.

yola
23-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi, if you send me or email address via PM I will email you the brief I wrote to the cat sitter last year explaining exactly what's needed in terms of looking after the cats. She visited twice daily for a week and I wrote a veritable essay as my lot are fussy old so-and-sos :lol:

carternm31
06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks again Everyone :D

angieh
06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I do hope you are getting good marks with all the market research you're doing!?