PDA

View Full Version : worming

niki71uk
20-01-2009, 11:16 PM
how do u flea treat a cat that doesnt like being caught,i live alone,cass's ear is pink on top,i think she mibbee needs flea stuff,but coz she is a bit scatty,wots the best way to do it?:?

dandysmom
20-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm a bit confused, are you talking about worming her or giving her flea treatment? Has she been wormed recently? There are liquid liver-flavored wormers that can be used on their food for cats who are reluctant, if not impossible, to pill!

niki71uk
20-01-2009, 11:54 PM
oops i forgot the change the heading :oops: i did mean de fleaing soz:oops:

niki71uk
21-01-2009, 09:29 PM
still in need of advice,can u still get flea treatment in tablet form?

Mags
21-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Capstar is available in tablet form...
Program comes in a liquid form ...

You would need to get these from the vet, over the counter flea preparations do not work very well.

I use a Spot On for Cassie as I found she would never eat her food if I added anything to it.

You could also try a flea collar although I personally don't like them.

http://www.vethelpdirect.com/flea.php

laragreg
22-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Personally I wouldn't put a flea collar on my cats as they only kill the fleas that are on the neck and head, I use Frontline spot-on I buy it online as its cheaper than the vets as are wormers. Animal medicines sell a pack of 3 for less than a £10 but there are lots of websites that sell it now some have really good offers if you bulk buy.
www.AnimalMedicines.co.uk

Leesy
23-01-2009, 09:45 AM
I get Advocate from the vets wich is a spot on flea and wormer which the vet says to use every month.:)

kirsty01
23-01-2009, 04:56 PM
You can get a program injection which I think if I remeber rightly is every 6 months. This will cover fleas just need to take your cat to the vets for this and they will do it. Frontline is available which is a spot on the back of the neck needs to be done every month. Also Advocate is available for worms and fleas which is also a spot on but please remember yes Advocate does fleas AND worms but it doean't do Tapeworm so you will still need to get a Droncit injection or tablet to go with this. Advocate needs applying every month too. Also Profender spot on is available slightly mpre expensive but only needs applying every 3 months. It does all worms.
I have prob confused you with all that haven't I. There the ones I know about as we sell them where I work. Hope it helps!